Chapter Eighteen

"El?"

He answered. I closed my eyes, realizing just how much I hadz missed the sound of my name in his voice.

"Jack." I breathed.

"You love me?" He asked, getting right to the point.

I remained silent. Well, if I thought the last phone call was embarrassing, the Lord did not prepare me for this one.

"El," He spoke up after a while of silence. "Are you still there? Do you actually love me? If you do I don't reall-"

"Yes, I love you, Jack." I cut him off.

Silence.

The tension was thick, you could cut it with a knife. I knew I shouldn't have told him. But then again, the words did come out of my stupid mouth. God, if I had been more careful-

"I love you, too."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, I love you too. I can't believe you hadn't noticed. I mean, we've been talking to each other for like four months now, I would think you know me better if you love me."

I laughed, rolling my eyes. Jack is back. "You're an idiot."

"Hey, if it keeps you calling, so be it."

More silence.

But not like the silence we've just shared before he confessed his adoration for me, but a comfortable silence, us just daydreaming away, listening to the sound of each other's breaths.

"Wow," he breathed in astonishment "I can't believe I'm in love," You could hear his smile through his words and I almost melted. "With a loser."

I gawked, trying my very hardest not to smile. "Bye."

There was an adorable laugh from the other end, and then I hung up. Soon enough, my phone buzzed once again. I pulled the covers of my bed over me, laying down to rest. Grabbing Jack's phone, I unlocked it, and checked the unread message.

From: Ella

I love you.