99 problems, math and boys are 2 of them.

"D'Angeloooo!", I yelled in a desperate attempt to catch my friend's attention.

"Wassup?", he questioned, standing beside my desk.

"I need some help with this, I honestly don't understand it.", I pouted, glancing back and forth between my math work and him.

Currently, we're in AP Calculus and ya girl is strugglin'. My brain can't seem to comprehend any of the numbers scattered along the worksheet.

But my best friend D'Angelo is a genius. There isn't a problem he can't solve in this class. If it wasn't for him, I'd probably be failing this class right about now.

He grabbed a nearby rolling chair and sat next to me.

"What don't you understand?"

"Everything.."

He chuckled,"Like?"

"This vertical asymptotes crap, it's so confusing.."

"Y/n, we learned this in pre-calculus,"

I scoffed,"And you know that I barely passed that class,"

"So why are you in here?"

"The counselor made me take this class, I don't want to be in here, man,",I whined, laying my head on the desk.

This class was literally stressing me out and frying my brain.

He reached his hand down to give me a pat.

My body shivered as his hand came into contact with my back.
What the hell?

It was such a weird feeling, my body had never reacted that way unless I was freezing.

"It's okay fat head, I got you. With me by your side, you'll pass this class with ease. Now get up so I can see what problem you strugglin' with."

I sat up quickly, handing him my pencil. His eyes scanned the sheet of paper as he tapped the pencil against the desk.

He hummed, jotting down a few things on my paper.

"Um, okay, so what you're going to do is.."

I listened to him for a while, understanding what he was explaining for the most part. But the more he talked, the more distracted I became.

My eyes started to wonder, focusing on his lips. The words that flowed from them had went through one ear and out the other, but I loved the way they moved.

The way he had paused to think and dart his tongue between them.

Oh God, what am I thinking? This can't be. Why am I thinking this way? Come on, girl, get yourself together. He's your best friend and he has a girlfrend.

Despite the thoughts in the back of my mind, I still continued to study his features. Wow, I never even noticed that he was this good looking.

"Do you get it so far?"

His orbs met with mine and butterflies consumed my stomach.