PoH Chapter 8

Author's Note: "~She won't ever get enough, once she gets a little touch -" OH WUT I WASN'T DOING ANYTHING *shifty eyes*

THIS CHAPTER EXPLAINS SO MUCH, SO WALLS OF TEXT AND A LOT OF STUFF FROM LIN! JUST A WARNING SO YOU DON'T LOSE INTEREST AT ALL THE TEXT!

[insert nervous laughter] Anyways *cough* (been listening to that song too many times and I'm not big on English songs so~) here's the new chapter! Same process for my other story, there's going to be a release date. *gets idea* Hm...

Uh, by the way, thinking about using Aleck's POV soon, and I've already experimented with a future chapter, but!!! When I start Aleck's POV (starts like... chapter 12 or 13?), I'm not sure if it's too soon or not! I feel like it is, but... his POV scene is really interesting! >_< So you guys, please tell me if I should postpone his POV (thus postponing his secret) or just keep it at the chapter I've already written it in? If I postpone it, there's going to be some more development, but if I don't, there's going to be even more, ugh, so confused.

Enjoy, vote, and comment please! Sorry for long AN!

5 votes: Release July 5

Normality: July 7

------------------------

A life guard is possibly the most boring and agonizing job next to an accountant.

            Sundays means work. I say it’s possibly the worst job not because it’s your responsibility to go rescue someone drowning in the kiddy section, but because the sun’s beating down on you, you’re in a swimsuit, and there’s the cool, sparkling pool a few feet beneath you that you can’t go down to unless someone’s having some issue.

            Aleck and I had the same job, so I sat at one of end of the pool while he sat at the other end. It was easy to say that he easily attracted more people to him simply because he was, according to the majority, if not all, of the female (and some male) student body, hot.

            He’s refusing to even talk to me now.

            I sighed to myself, watching over the pool since Aleck was clearly too busy. I knew what he was doing. Surrounding himself in girls to distract him and in the futile attempt to make me jealous was what he always did in situations like these.

            Rewind to last night at his house.

            During the walk home, Aleck kept an eye on me in case I had the mind to run. I was pressing on the keyboard of my phone, pondering if the explanation would be long or short.

            “Twelve years ago, I met a girl in the park on the swings. She was bleeding in one arm and holding a jar in the other. There was a person on the ground with golden dust surrounding them. I’m sure you remember that I used to talk till that one day. That was the day I stopped.

            “She was dying of blood loss. I attempted to take her back home with me, but she refused. Instead, she gave me a steely look, asked if I wanted to protect the sanity of others, and gave me five minutes to answer. There was no doubt in my mind that I would say anything but yes. She nodded in approval and put her hand to my head, chanting something that’s still incredibly clear in my mind. A light surrounded me and all of a sudden, I felt different.

            “The reason I don’t talk anymore is because my voice attracts Demons. When you’re made into a Protector, you lose something that you’re capable of doing because it’ll attract strong Demons. I have no idea why, but maybe it’s a contract, gain a power, lose a power. When I spoke, the house shook. Demons where coming. If I hadn’t reversed time… well, your house wouldn’t be there anymore…