PoH Chapter 18

Author's Note: I'm beginning to seriously question where this story is going because I have something planned for the end (it's near). There's actually going to be a sequel to this for anyone who cares where shit goes down and not everything is what it seems. >:D

Just, you know, gotta write the ending and then start on the new story. 

My block is still here. As community channel says, "Yo motherfucker, I want my words back!"

-------------------------------------

I won’t deny that I really want to say yes, but hell, you think that’s going to lead to anything normal?

            Aleck was standing where I had left him, still in the same position (or at least I’m fairly sure it was). Right before I let time flow again, I flicked him on the forehead again. No reaction. The click of the button sounded.

            “Right, Lin, do you mind if you meet me in the courtyard after school?” Aleck asked and I nodded, not thinking twice about it. We were already at the front of the school and after a quick goodbye; we went our separate ways, Aleck to his mounds of friends and me to my first period wall to make some progress on my game.

            I was greeted by Aaron a few seconds later.

            “Hey,” he grinned, sitting beside me. “What’re you playing now?”

            I showed him the screen and he nodded knowingly. I was a little nervous being next to him, but he was acting like his usual self. Damn, I’m getting paranoid.

            ****

            “And don’t forget to study!” Mrs. Harrison said over the shrill bell of the last class. Aleck was ushered out by the usual group of popular kids, laughing to some corny joke that had managed to carry to the other side of the room.

            “Lin, you want to come over today?” Riley, now perfectly normal, caught up to me as I got out of the door. “We can study together. I’m really bad at concentrating, so I figured if someone else was around…” She gave me a hopeful smile.

            I must say a visit to her house with ice cream has made us okay friends. Then again, I get a surge of those invites around this time of the year. Thinking nothing of it, I nod.

            ALECK’S POV

            “Aleck, come on, we’re having karaoke night,” Brandon grinned. He, with Jessica, Al, and Cathy were giving me expectant looks. When I hesitated, Brandon threw his arm around my shoulder and whispered, “Come on~ you know what’s gonna happen after a few drinks.” He winked and shifted his eyes to Jessica.

            “Uh, sorry guys, I got family over and it’s just a mess,” I smiled, backing away. “Another day?”

            “You’ll be sorry,” Brandon sighed, but then smiled. “Don’t worry, I’ll tell you all about it.”

            I don’t really want to know.

            They left me alone and I sat down on one of the benches in the courtyard, waiting for Lin to show up.

            LIN’S POV

            About two hours later into studying at Riley’s, which included actual studying and some snacks, it hit me. The smack that came from my face palm made Riley turn her head from the books and asked, “What’s up?”