PoH Chapter 10

Author's Note: The more days of summer I experience, the harder it is for me to get up. Next chapter is some more action, and then a few more chapters will be the giant secret :D

Enjoy, vote and comment please!

5 Votes: July 16

Normality: July 18

--------------------------

My wish in life is to go through high school without any drama. That wish has just been broken.

            Aaron walked with me back to my house. I offered dinner, but he shook his head. “That’s fine. I have to get home anyways, my dad’s probably going to get worried,” he said. “Uh, here’s my number.”

            He took my phone and put in his number, waving good night before leaving down the street. I pocketed my phone, taking a peek at Aleck’s house. The light to his room was dark.

            ****

            Around this time of the year, it always rains. Normally, a person would get sick of it but I adored the rain. The smell in the air was my favorite.

            I took a random umbrella from the closet next to the front door, one of the four we had. Aleck’s rusty pick up was already missing. He probably went to go pick up Riley or something. I don’t always get rides, but an hour walk was not always my favorite.

            My headphones went around my ears and I began to play.

            I made it with five minutes to spare till first period. Waiting outside the door, I let the last song play. When the bell rang, I spun myself away from the wall and into my seat in the back. Five minutes later, the bell rang again, everyone buzzing in their seats gossiping about prom.

            After the standard announcements, basketball team losing the big game, go to the lost and found since it’s practically the end of the year, etc., Mrs. Wang got up from her seat and went up to the front of the class.

            “After this period, we’ll be reviewing for final exams,” she said. “Today will be the make-up day, to hand in anything to correct, and raise some of those grades. I’ll be passing back your tests now.”

            When she called my name, I went up to hear the comment, “Top score once again Lin. Keep it up.”

            I nodded and returned to my seat.

            Aleck sat next to me, being called up right after me. He had every class with me (so stereotypical but true) and actually has for the past ten something years. People don’t necessarily hate me for being best friends with Aleck, but I’m rather weary about making friends because of all the fake ones I’ve discovered over the years.

            I only just now recalled that Aaron would be starting today when the door opened and Aaron walked in.

            “Aaron Lancaster,” Mrs. Wang read off his schedule. She glanced up, scanning the room for empty seats. “You can go sit next to Lin, right there in the back.”

            Aaron threw his bag down on the floor, giving me a smile. “We meet again,” he joked. He looked over me and said, “Hey, it’s you!”

            Aleck looked over with that fake smile only I could make out. “Yeah, I remember you from the pool.”

            My phone vibrated and I had gotten a text from Sarah again.

            “Lin, what is it?” Mrs. Wang asked me and I put my hand to my forehead. “Not feeling well? I’ll write you a pass.”

            Just as I was about to walk out, I felt someone’s hands on my shoulder.

            “I’ll go with her, just in case.”

            Aleck.

            Why? He hasn’t spoken a word to me since I told him everything…