; twenty four

ali's pov

++++

the other day, emily took me to hanna's. she made me apologize. i told hanna that i didn't mean what i said, and never in a million years would do that to her ever again. i also calmed down ar and spence. i told them that it was okay to stop looking at hanna and em like they're fresh meat. mona was just happy that everyone was together again.

today they wanted us to go to the movies.

"so, should we watch the visit or sinister?" spencer asks, as she moves up in the line to get snacks.

"eww. no, they're scary," i say.

"stop being such a baby," hanna laughs.

"no! i'm gonna pee my pants and have nightmares for the rest of the week, if i watch any of those."

"it's just a movie," emily reassures me.

aria scratches the back of her neck. "maybe, ali is right. I'm not really in the mood for scary. I heard they're playing Titanic down the hall."

"titanic? really, aria? we don't wanna be blowing your nose and hear you talk about how hot leonardo dicaprio is," hanna snorts.

"come on, we'll go with aria," i say, grabbing em's hand. she smiles, and hanna smirks.

"are you sure you wanna go?" mona asks.

emily nods happily and that makes hanna's smirk grow wider.

"okay."

once, it's our turn for the snack line, hanna orders.

"can we get 2 large popcorns, 6 icees, 3 pretzels, and 6 boxes of candy," hanna smiles, taking out a $50 dollar bill.

"that will be $34.86," the cashier says.

++++

"hanna don't put so much butter in!" spencer scolds her.

"how is it supposed to taste good?" hanna asks, tossing in popcorn in her mouth.

"whatever," i say. "let's go before they take the good seats."

++

"move over," aria whispers as the light dim down.

++

2hrs l8r

"i'll never let go, jack," the movie says.

aria is sniffling and crying into our popcorn. she drank all three of our icees, pretzels, and candies, since the ship sank.

em and i start to giggle, looking at how aria is crying. em lifts the arm separator thing, and cuddles into me. i can feel her smile. i intertwine our arms, careful that aria can't see us. but of course, she doesn't. she's too focused on the movie.

i kiss em's forehead. she lifts her her head and reaches out for a kiss, as i lean in and kiss her. she lays her head back on my lap and i lean in and mumble into her shoulder, "em, you know i love you but, when are you going to break up with paige?"

her head shot up. "i- i don't know." she pushes her hair behind her hair.

i grab her hand and rub it. "well, you have to tell her. soon."

"ali, i will. i really will but..i don't know. she just seems so scary."

if only em knew that pigskin was scary, and i totally get why she would be scared. but, pigskin has had a crush on emily for years.

   -  flashback -

"okay, so i snuck into emily's room and stole some of her stationery."

"love it!" cece says.

"and i wrote a super steamy note. think moist."

"okay, ew. i just threw up a little on my mouth, but Emily is going to crucify you!"

please, she doesn't have a clue! i told her that she can't e-mail or text me, because my boyfriend's getting suspicious."

"does Emily even have a boyfriend?"

i laugh. then, i see Pigskin on her bike with her stupid cargo shorts, dressing like a zookeeper.

"get down! that's her!" i say.

"you get down. she doesn't even know me." cece smirks.

pigskin parks and takes out a note. she walks up to a sign and puts under there.

"i told her to put the note under that sign," i whisper.

then, i finally get out and slam the door. i start walking toward her.

"no, no, no!"

i grab the letter. "do you want me to deliver this to emily? i should, since i was the one who wrote it to you. should I open it here, or should I just forward it to daddy? is he still that big ol' deacon at the church?"

"give it to me," she says.

"why should I?" I smile. "i'd much rather watch your daddy blow up when he finds out you wanna slip your-"

"give it to me!"  She says, scaring me.

"think again, pigskin. i own you now."

i walk to cece's car and get in.

"drive. drive!"

end

if i want emily to break up with paige, then i have to speed it up and the only way, to doing that, is talking to paige myself.

i can't wait to do that tomorrow.