Chapter 5

AN: Enjoy another chapter everyone! I love you guys for sticking with it. Please, please, please give feedback! It's greatly appreciated!

No one moved.

No one inside of Dakota Dayley's humble beach home moved a muscle, nor did they speak, nor did it seem that anyone took a breath. It was like their actions were contradicting the impending storm outside that moved maliciously in on them (leaving poor Gavin and Jack in the path of destruction, to which Jack had told Gavin before they split up, "Man, we would get stuck with this job when we're about to get blown away by another huge storm this year.")

Dakota was weirded out by the crew's sudden... human-ness. From her understanding from Toshi, it was almost suddenly implied that they were the kind of people who didn't think twice and took whatever it was that would please them. Although Toshi wasn't worried about this crew's danger level, she could see past his high end attitude and witnessed the slight amount of hesitation whenever they had spoke the night before.

The woman expected them to be relentless, witty, resourceful, and have savage personalities. That's why she was strapped, and that's why she had placed various guns around her house yet again to ensure that she would stand a chance once they found her. She was even a little nervous when she had heard the garage door creak open and listened to the small, stealthy poundings of their footsteps with her sharp and alert ears.

She even started sucking herself into believing that there was a possibility that these were the men that were going to finally take her down. That they were the ones who were going to claim the wondrous title of executing a Dayley. That finally, after years of living, her life was going to be ripped from her body and they were the ones who did it.

But as her vibrant, blue eyes searched the four ones staring back at her, she would have been lying if she didn't admit that she didn't think these men were capable of looking so human.

And it bugged her to her core.

How were they supposed to be so good, so up and coming, if they couldn't even plan ahead of the current impasse?

Dakota looked over them again, this time locking onto the man beneath the skeleton mask she clearly remembered from the other night. His own blues looked so menacing this time around, like they were no longer staring into her soul, but instead killing her from the inside curiously. She didn't even know how that statement made sense, but nonetheless, it made her shiver on the inside.

No matter how human any of them appeared to anyone, they all maintained a strong composure, and it didn't take long for Geoff to reply after the minute of confusion.

He didn't holster his gun and instead kept it sturdy in his hands, giving Ray a glance, then turned towards the woman.

"I would say it's nice to finally meet you, but you've given me quite a headache in the past few days, so I can't say that I would be entirely telling the truth."

Dakota, amused, gave a closed-mouth smile. "Well, we all wanna be truthful with each other, now don't we?"

Geoff returned the facial gesture, he wasn't sure if he was trying to mock her or if it was genuine.

"Yeah, I guess so," he then faced Michael. "Go get Gavin and Jack. Assuming as," he paused, eyeballing Dak, "friendly as Mrs. Dayley is being here-"

"Uh, actually," Dak interjected, trying to lighten the tension a little by being smart and sort of open, "I'm just a miss. Looks like I don't get along with men well enough for them to not want to come find me for revenge purposes, such as now."

Ryan chuckled under his mask lightly, but to his satisfaction, no one heard him. He heard Ray reply with, "I wonder why."

"Correction. As friendly as Ms. Dayley is being here, under assumption, we can at least have them in the room with us and take up her suggestion," Geoff finished.