Chapter 11

A/N: warning, this chapter is extremely long! I'm so sorry in advance, but enjoy!

"Hey, Dak, he reply yet?" a northern voice hummed from across the room and registered into Dakota's ears, but she wasn't exactly listening. She was too engrossed in her phone, making frustrated noises and thumbing madly over social media posts that she wasn't even really interested in either. She was far too concerned for the text message that she was so desperately waiting for.

When he got no answer to his question, Michael huffed and continued to shoot zombies on his TV mounted on the wall before him. It had been like this for probably an hour, the exact time that the woman had come down to hang out in his apartment with him and Ray and Gav, who were in the other room on the other TV playing against Michael. They were supposed to all be having a tournament of who could kill the most and how many headshots came with that, and whoever was the loser had to go to the pier and cause enough havoc that they got the cops called on them. Fun shit, basically.

But Dak had been sitting at the counter in the kitchen the whole time she was here, waiting on a text message from Lester about their stalker, yet she hadn't gotten it yet and she apparently had texted him three hours earlier. So now the woman was stressing, making weird, inaudible, mad noises while not even talking to anyone else except for an occasional grunt when she got a notification, just not from whom she desired it to be from.

Michael was getting tired of it. He wanted her to be next to him on the couch, having fun and killing things and trying to get her other friends to lose so the two could laugh at them and video them and make their life hell, whoever it was that was gonna have to go mental at the pier. But instead she was holed up, waiting on a message and moping around like a grumpy little potato, and he had to admit, he was not entirely impressed with her attitude today.

She needed to stop worrying so much and just get back to being her normal self, and Michael was gonna get her to do so one way or another.

"You know what?" he mumbled to himself, eyes glued to screen and watching Ray's character bolt itself across from where his character stood to annihilate a horde of corpses by mowing them down with an automatic rifle that he had modded out to the brim. As he saw Ray dart to another section, closer to where he was, he pulled out his grenade launcher and sighed. "Fuck it."

He pulled back the right bumper on his controller and a grenade flew out between the both of them, close enough that when it exploded, both of their screens turned red and as the character flew to the ground and zombies surrounded them, the screen finally cut to black as it exited to the lobby screen. Instantaneously, a loud, bird-like shriek followed, then a, "NOOOOO! MICHAEL, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK DID YOU JUST DO?!"

Michael ignored the cries of his friends and got off of the couch, turning on his heels to walk over to Dakota. She was slouched over the countertop, sitting in one of the high chairs, hair covering every part of her face, and the little that he could see was illuminated by the light bouncing off from her phone below her. He strode over to her, but not before being greeted by two men barreling down the stairs, controller still stuck tightly in Ray's hand, and both of their faces full of distraught, maybe Ray a little bit more than Gavin.

Okay, a lot more. His face was practically stapled in place and didn't seem to be going away anytime soon.

Both Gav and Ray reached Michael, arms flapping tirelessly and mouths following suit.

Ray stepped in front of Gavin, pushing the British man out of the way and got closer to Michael, his dark chocolate orbs wide in absolute terror and hurt and awe. His jet black eyebrows were raised as high as possible, making the whites of his eyes even more visible and transforming his face truly into one of betrayal, and Michael had to stop himself from laughing at just how ridiculously emotional he was being over the game. Then again, if Ray had done it to him, he would be the exact same way, just a fit of rage instead of whatever this was.