Chapter 7

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed that last chapter! Ryan and Dak finally got to talk, and a lot of character progression by Ryan! Anyways, here's another one! Enjoy and please please please leave feedback!

-

After letting her have a few days to do whatever she wanted to her apartment, Geoff finally decided on sending Dakota out on a job where she could represent the crew and allow Geoff to further validate her skills, not just solely basing his decision on her family tree and the things that she had told them. Although he didn't at all doubt her, he wanted to make sure that he could assess her himself, and that he could get a feel for her worth. He thought of it like an initiation, just way more extreme.

It took him the night before to figure out just what he wanted her to do. He didn't want to start her off with something that she wasn't ready for, even though he did think to himself that she probably was more prepared for anything her threw her way than he was. But either way, it kept Geoff up until about two in the morning, pacing around the planning room and looking at all kinds of things that he had received in the past weeks that he thought was perfect for her first assignment.

He didn't want anything to be too easy, but he didn't want anything to be too hard either. He paced and paced and rummaged and rummaged through papers and plans and threw things out of the window that he didn't see fit at all. Until he finally just stuck with one of the ideas he had toyed with in the early stages of planning Dakota's job.

He had called her up to the planning room the day after, ready to lay everything out on the table and assign her the respective role that he had set for her. After an hour of talking and further telling her his expectations, Dakota was ready to go as she was well aware of what she had to do.

It wasn't hard at all, if anything on the difficulty range it was probably less than a three out of ten. All she had to do was go to a deal at a designated location, scope out and possibly negotiate with a source- if reliable and trustworthy enough- about working together on a certain gun smuggling job that would pay big bucks, and then come back with the news of what went down. Dakota was a good choice for the job all in all because her convincing and smooth talk fit what she needed to do, and Geoff didn't have to leave and risk anything that could jeopardize his life, thus affecting the future of his crew. Accompanying her would be Gavin, and with him there (although Geoff stressed to her how much of an idiot he could be and that she needed to do all the talking, not him) it would be virtually easy.

The two even sat talking about a mutual friend that they both had, and they don't quite remember how it got on that subject, but either way, they both knew a man by the name of Burnie Burns.

Geoff was surprised at this information, asking her how the hell she knew him, and she replied that she had met him years ago before her and her father retired together when they were still on the run. The father and daughter duo were returning to Los Santos, riskily might she add, and upon their short return to inspect the city, that's where they met Burnie.

He used to run with a crew of his own, but when they all split up, Burnie ended up joining the FIB as a crooked agent, willing to help fiends that were in need of it all while still playing the part of the hero. It was a win/win for both sides, and it was everything the man ever wanted, having fame and still being able to stay criminally active, just in a different aspect.

When Tobias and Dakota entered the city, they immediately gained the attention of the FIB, and it was Burnie who contacted them and helped them out by doing whatever it was he did to draw the attention off of them. Ever since then, he became a family friend, and especially after Tobias died, Burnie turned out to be a huge factor in Dak's life. She looked at him as family, and apparently, so did Geoff.