Chapter Ten- Texas

Zayn’s POV

Harry went out on a date with Jace last night and none of us can do anything tonight because we have our first concert. Great. It’s hard winning a bet when you have a job that gets in the way. This was our first show in LA but we have one more show a day before we leave Los Angeles. The concert was fun and it’s always great performing in front of our fans. When we get back to our hotel I decide to call Tess and see what she’s doing tomorrow night since we have a free day.

“Hello.” She picks up right away and I smile.

“Hey Tess! I was wondering if you want to go out tomorrow night?”

“I can’t.” She sounds annoyed and I feel a little hurt at her tone.

“Oh...”

“Its not that I don’t want to. It’s just my father summoned me back to Texas last night. He heard about our little club extravaganza and is pissed.” She sighs and I nod.

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. Once he get’s his britches out a knot and I fly back to LA we can go out. How does that sound?”

“It sounds great. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Bye Zayn.”

“Bye Tess.” We hang up and I toss my phone in my suitcase.

Damn it. How the hell can I win this if she’s not even here! I get up and pace my room. Trying to come up with ways to get her, but only one makes sense. I get my phone and zip my suitcase back up. I text Paul saying I will be back in two days. And leave to the airport. My flight lands around two AM. I phoned a hotel before I boarded and my room was already ready. I get some sleep before starting my adventure.

I woke up around two in the afternoon and took a shower. A long one at that. I have no idea what I’m doing here. All the way in Dallas, Texas. My idea was based on pure impulse. I get dressed and check my phone. Twenty missed calls all from Paul and Liam. Great. I decide to call Liam first not wanting to get yelled at just yet.

“Zayn! What the hell? You can’t just leave like that!” So much for not getting yelled at.

“I had to Li.”I sigh laying back on my bed.

“You really want to win this bet? Don’t you?” I can hear Liam laugh.

“Yeah I do.” For some reason that statement felt more like a lie than the truth. I shake the thought immediately and run my hands through my undone hair.

“Well Paul is pissed but you know him. He stays mad for like five seconds.” We both chuckle.

“I know he has the fastest rebound rate ever!”

“So what’s your plan?”