Chapter Thirteen- Dinner

Tess’ POV

Right after Harry called and made a date with Jace, Zayn called me. I told him we could have dinner together. And a real one since the last time we ate together my father ruined it. I went grocery shopping and decided to make chicken stir fry. I got to my family beach house and looked up a few ways to make it.

I want tonight to be special with Zayn. Yes I told Blair and Jace it was just a game but lately I’m not so sure. Zayn is a really good guy. And I just have no idea what I’m even doing anymore. I grab my MacBook and go to the food network website. I’m a really good cook, and if I didn’t want to be a designer I could totally open up a few restaurants. I get dinner started and try to multitask by finding what I’m going to wear. We’re just staying in so I don’t see the reason to get extra dressed up.

I’ll keep it simple with a pair of black leggings, a yellow top and my fuzzy blue,yellow and green socks. I make my way back to the kitchen and check on dinner. Almost as if it were out of a show, right when the food finished the doorbell rang.

“It’s open.” I yell and hear the door open and footsteps enter. I turn and see Zayn, looking gorgeous as always. “Hey Zayn.”

“Hey Tess. It smells great in here.” He smiles and so do I.

“Thanks, I made stir fry. Is that okay?” He nods and I get plates out for us. My cell phone rings but I don’t answer it. I don’t want anything or anyone ruining this night.

“Here I’ll take those. Where do you want me to set them?” He grabs the plates from my hands and I get two glasses.

“Um you can put them in the dining room table. It’s right past the living room on the right.” Zayn smirks and takes the plates into the dining room.

I placed the stir fry in a big bowl and bring it in there setting it on the table. I go back in the kitchen and pour us both some sweet tea. I mean I am from Texas. I walk back in the dining room and set the glasses down. Zayn pulls my seat out for me and he sits right across from me. He just sits there with a wide grin on his face and I look away with a smile that makes my cheeks hurt.

“Stop looking at me and try my food.”

“Yes ma’am.” He solutes and I laugh. “Wow...” He trails off and I get nervous. That’s weird. I never get nervous.

“What? Is it bad? You don’t like it do you? I knew I should have...”

“Calm down Tess. It’s great! So you can cook and make clothing? Are there any other hidden talents you have that I should know about?” Zayn gives me a half grin.

“Not that I can think of no.” I smirk and he laughs a little.

“Oh while I’m thinking about it, our last concert is in two days and I was hoping you would want to come and see it.” His smile fades a little and I see the nervousness flicker in his golden brown eyes.