Pain

Ava's P.O.V

As 'usual' I woke up to an empty cold bed. At first I will admit that it bothered me that he wasn't there when I woke up on mornings but after a few weeks I got over it. I wasn't going to fuss over something that I had no power to control. Lazily walking into the connecting bathroom suite I did my usual morning routine then went to wake the twins for school.

"Daddy that doesn't go there." Skyler corrected her father when he put her hair clip on the color of her shirt. "Sorry princess here?" He asked moving it to her cheek which made them all laugh. It was music to my ears actually, him laughing. Even getting a smile out of him these days were something I couldn't accomplish. He rairly does anymore unless of course when he's around the girls.

"Good morning mommy." Tyler greeted happily skipping over to hug me where I stood silently looking on at the scene. "Good morning sugar plum." I said lifting her and giving her a quick kiss and a tight hug. I noticed Skyler's smile brighten and Bentley's smile completely fade once he heard my voice. Standing from his kneeling position he straightened his grey Armani suit and proceeded to leave the girls' room.

"I'll drop them off to school so finish getting them dressed I'll be downstairs." He said plainly his blue orbs focused ahead away me. Sadly it's now a fact that ever since I had the miscarriage he doesn't speak to me unless it was necessary, he doesn't look at me. Ever! I would be lying if I said that it didn't bother me because it did. I already felt as though I failed as a mother not being able to carry our child full term and his behavior doesn't make me feel any better.

"Time to comb your hair!" I announced as excitedly as I could manage while I struggled to keep my emotions at bay. The last thing I wanted to do was cry in front of the girls it now being a hubby of mine it seems. After combing their hair I left them upstairs to put on their shoes and get their bags while I went downstairs. "Ava where's my folder I left on the counter?" He barked when I entered the kitchen.

"I don't know." I answered honestly. "How could you not know where something I left right here is?!?" He asked angrily. "I said I don't know. I am not responsible for your shit and don't raise your voice at me Bentley!" I lashed back a single tear rolling down my cheek in the process. "I am my own man and I could and am going to do whatever the fuck I want to do Ava!" He replied smugly.

That sentence 'I am my own man and I could and am going to do whatever I want to do.' Caused the anger I was already struggling to keep in check at the beginning of this dumb argument to bubble over as rage. "You are Bentley that's why you could just ship a six year old child to wherever you wanted her to be! That's why you didn't need to know my opinion on the matter right? You didn't even have the common decency to tell me where you sent Amy! Let's not forget that you didn't need to consult me about moving into a new house!!!" I screamed completely fed up with everything.

"Why do you always complain? Ava I don't have time for your childish whining this morning our two four year olds act more mature than you do at times." He said calmly not even looking up at me once. Then I remembered why I preferred the silent Bentley who never speared me a glance anymore. Because when this Bentley spoke I didn't recognize him. He wasn't the person I fell in love with. It was as though he strived on my hurt, as though my broken and battered spirt gave him some type of power.

"You blame me." My statement sounded more like a question. It was a question I needed to be answered although it didn't take a genius to figure out that he did. He blamed me for loosing the baby and I did too but there wasn't anything I could do in my power to get him or her back. If there was I would move heaven and earth just to be able to hold him or her in my arms and shower him or her with endless love and protection.