Done

Ava's P.O.V

The silence that surrounded me was defining yet it was nothing compared to the mental meltdown I was having. My sleep deprived eyes fixed on one spot on the soft cream rug that laid under my feet as my mind recited it's problems. Thoughts that now haunted my subconscious. It was as though I'd somehow earned myself another shadow. It was always around, a few steps away. Even if for a moment I thought I had managed to get rid of it it'll make its presence known rubbing me of any emotion that resembled bliss whenever it was there.

Temporarily breaking free from its prison, the only time I felt free was when I was around the girls. They weren't here today which of course meant that I was trapped. Peeping through the white curtains the morning sun fought through thick greying clouds to allow some of it's warm golden rays to touch the earth that was covered in icy white. A matte black Audi pulling into my drive knocked me out of my thoughts of nothingness. Climbing out of the couch I walked over to the kitchen taking deep breaths a weak attempt to calm down.

"Hey." He greeted coolly walking over to where I stood leaning forward I'm guessing in a attempt to place a kiss on my messy freshly dyed hair. "Don't do that." I warned stepping away from him choosing to move to the opposite side of the counter while he sat on a bar stool fiddling with his gold and diamond wedding ring. "Where are the girls?" He asked looking up at me. "Out." I answered shortly. "Out with who?" He asked raising a eyebrow. "With the guys and Stacey." I replied in a duh tone.  

"So you and Stacey made up?" He asked smirking slightly which irritated me. "Somewhat. We need to talk that's why I called you." I said straightening my shoulders. "Well I'm here so talk Ava-Marie." He said looking at me intently. I've rehearsed this at least a thousand times in my mind. I knew exactly how I wanted this conversation to go I had only hopped Bentley would go along with me imaginary script which was pretty dumb but say what. Yet standing where I am now all the words I'd written down mentally seemed to morph into one big blob of confusion leaving me speechless.

"Look if this is about Christmas I wouldn't have gone on the trip if it wasn't urgent. I know missing important holidays affect the girls but I'll make that up to them as best as I could which could've been avoided if you'd agreed to all of us going to China together." He rattled out mumbling the last part. "I shouldn't have to uproot my children from their home to drag them halfway across the world because you weren't man enough to put your foot down and explain why you couldn't make the meeting Bentley." I replied through grated teeth.

"Clearly I'm not man enough because I've allowed you to move into a damn house which no matter how hard you try will never be our children's home Ava." He shot back which only added to my irritation. "Let's get one thing straight you don't allow me to do anything. I do what I think is best for my children and I could care less what you think." I snapped back allowing my irritation to get the better of me. "So you called me here to talk about something that happened a week ago and something I can't fix because I wasn't man enough?" He bit back his darkened blue irises glaring at me.

"Actually I called you here discuss an incident that happened yesterday." I mumbled instantly feeling the rage that came along with the memory.

👾
Flash back.

"Mommy I want the blue one." Tyler whined when Skyler dropped the blue box of cereal into the shopping cart. "Tyler then just get the blue one as well and stop fussing." I said looking down at my glassy eyed daughter. Finally exiting the snack lane I slowly pushed the cart down the somewhat empty lane grabbing the things I needed with the girls walking alongside me. "Hi Aunty Kelly!" I heard them both excitedly exclaim before running over to a brunet who smiled warmly down at them.