Act One: Attacked

Usagi's Pov.

I was walking home alone from a long day of school and studying. It was pretty hectic since the exams were coming up. My friends and I had all agreed to meeting up and studying for a few hours together. But even with all of the studying and with Ami's help, something tells me I'm going to fail. I'll probably have to repeat Junior High and get left behind and made fun of. I didn't want to be that kid. I looked up and saw the full moon gleaming down on me. Am I truly worthy of becoming a queen and rule an entire planet? Let alone raise a child? These thoughts have been burdening me for the past few weeks. At times like these, I wished my late mother was here to guide me through this. "I wish Mama had some of your characteristics, Queen Serenity. And maybe some of your memories. Maybe I wouldn't be the way I am." I said to the moon. The moon kept shining brightly and the stars twinkled next to it. I let out a stressful sigh and continued down the empty street.

I passed an alleyway and took a small glance inside. There were three boys pushing one another around. They all wore different colored hoodies that were stained. I quickly passed by but it seemed fate decided to be cruel. I felt someone tug my hair and pull me back to the alley. "Look what we have here boys. A little bunny." one of them said. The one who spoke had on a green hoodie and was holding my hair. "L-Let me go!" I begged, tugging on my hair, hoping to free it. The boys laughed at me. "Not a chance, bunny. We have a fight to go to but we need to warm up a bit. And you're the perfect person to do our warm up on." Green hood guy said. I struggled even more but I was thrown onto the cemented ground. I hit my back and was winded. "This should be fun!" a boy in a red hood exclaimed. I looked up at them in horror.

The Green Hood Guy kicked me in the stomach, making me violently cough. Then the Red Hood Guy punched me above my bosom, making it harder to breath. The other guy who was in white kicked me in the face. I wanted to scream but White Hood Guy kicked me in the jaw. I turned away from them so they were kicking my back and the back of my head. I brought up my communicator and called up the inner senshi. "I need help!" I said, holding back the screams of pain in my throat. "Usagi if it's for the exam you'll have to wait till tomorrow." Ami said. I was about to speak again but Rei interrupted. "And don't try to get out of studying Usagi! We know where you live!" she threatened. I was about to argue but I started coughing violently. "You sound like you're coming down with something, bunny." I heard Minako say. "I bet she's faking it." Rei said. I wanted to scream at them to shut up and listen but it hurt too much.

"Don't worry Usagi, if you're not feeling good I'll make you some soup tomorrow!" Makoto said cheerfully. Tears were falling freely from the pain and frustration. Why won't they let me speak? I coughed more and this time, blood came out. That's when I gave up. They weren't going to listen to my pleads. Just as always. "N-Nevermind." I said weakly, closing the communicator. Just as I had put the lid down, they turned me back towards them. I looked up and saw Green Hood Guy with a knife and smiling evilly. "Time for a makeover." he said. They all started laughing and made their way towards me. I scooted back away from them but ended up hitting a wall. Green Hood guy grabbed my bun and brought me close to him. He raised the knife and then slashed it down on my right eye. That's when the pain surged through my body, giving me the energy to scream.

Green Hood Guy was about to stab me, he was tackled to the ground along with the other two. As he let go of my bun, I fell and hit my head off the cement. Black dots danced around my vision, preventing me from seeing my saviors. But I did see red and blue hair waving around. I saw them run up to me and kneel down next to me. "Will sh...be o...dis?" a feminine voice asked. "...don't...we sho...pital." a male voice replied. I felt a small hand shake me. "Hey...ake?" she asked. I couldn't reply, I couldn't hear properly and my hearing was fading. Before I slipped away, I saw a white and pink misty figure standing behind the two. "Live on, Serenity."