Act Four: Meltdown

Usagi's Pov.

It's It's been five weeks since the encounter with those boys. I tried asking Zen and Hadis about what happened to them but they'd look at each other with looks saying: 'Not a single word'. It was kinda annoying that they wouldn't tell me. But I stopped pestering them. Today was Monday and I took my first exam which was Math. Thanks to the studying, I was able to fly through it and be the first one done! I finished before Ami! That's definitely an accomplishment! I checked my grades from the work I did back in the hospital and the week I stayed home. They consisted mostly of B's and some A's! I never felt so happy before! "Wow Usagi! You finished so quickly! Are you sure you didn't just skip a bunch of answers?" Naru asked. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "I assure you Naru, I did all of the work that was provided!" I responded. Naru started waving her hand in front of my face. "Did someone hypnotize you into becoming so smart?" she asked. I swatted her hand away and giggled. "More like tutored me into becoming smart. Hadis hel-" "Hadis?! Did you just say Hadis?!"

We looked over at Umino with shocked faces. "Where did you come from?" I asked. He ignored my question and pulled a magazine with Hadis on it, helping some random kid with work. "Hadis is probably one of the smartest guys around! He was accepted into Eclipse University at age 16 and graduated at age 19! He constantly goes back there to help teachers and students if they need it!" Umino babbled. I took the magazine and looked over the cover. Jeez, Hadis has A LOT of explaining to do when I see him. "You're so lucky Usagi! I've always wanted to meet him!" he said. I laughed a bit nervously. "J-Just go to the arcade. He got a part-time job there."

His eyes became stars and shone brightly. I took a few steps away from him. "I can't wait for school to be over!" he said happily. I looked at Naru to see her facepalming and shaking her head. "You're such a dweeb."

***

"Hey Usagi!"

I looked towards the entrance of the school and saw Zen. "Zen? I thought Hadis was picking me up." I said. She smiled as we walked down the street towards the arcade. "Hadis had to go to work a bit early today. I guess something broke or someone tried to break in. I'm not sure. He was in a rush." she informed. We continued to talk as we head to the arcade. Today was rather a busy day in Tokyo. The streets had many people and the roads had a lot of traffic. It was very lively. We arrived at the Arcade and looked around. That's when we saw Umino...hugging Hadis. I've never seen someone so uncomfortable in my life. Hadis was stiffer than a cutting board. He didn't move at all and had a face of horror.

"Hey! Get the hell off of my cousin!" Zen shouted, marching up to Umino. She pulled him away from Hadis who took in deep breaths. He held his breath? Just how uncomfortable was he? Umino looked at Zen with a questioning look. "You're his cousin? But the magazines said he didn't have any family." he said. Zen facepalmed and shook her head. "When they meant by that, they meant he didn't have a mother, father or sibling! I should know, I was there for that interview!" she said angrily. Umino rubbed the back of his head with a nervous laugh. He then slowly walked out of the Arcade without a word. "Well, that happened." Motoki commented. Hadis sighed and leaned against the counter. "I swear this generation will be the end of me." he said. Zen looked at Hadis with a small glare. "You know you're also referring to Usagi, right?" she asked. After that comment, they started bickering.

"Where's Mamo-chan?" I asked Motoki, not wanting to get involved with the two bickering cousins. "He's playing the Sailor V game over there." he replied. I nodded and said a quick thank you before heading towards the Sailor V game. I saw Mamo-chan but his expression was grim. "Mamo-chan?" I asked a bit concerned. He looked up at me and forced a smile. "Hey Usako. How was school?" he asked. I sat on the stool next to him. "It was good." I answered. His smile was less forceful at my reply. "Mamo-chan, what's wrong? I can tell something is upsetting you." I asked, my heart feeling heavy. Mamo-chan's smile faltered as he let out a sigh. "The clinic, it was burned down."