Act Seven: Memory Lane

It's been a few days since Zen disappeared. Hadis was taking it pretty hard, worse than I had thought. He didn't eat or get out much, worrying us all. But mostly Setsuna. She hasn't left his side since he went into this state of depression. Who could blame her though? If Mamo-chan went into the same or a similar state, I would be scared to leave him alone. I know I hadn't known Zen for long but, she was a pretty good friend. Just like the others are. If anything bad were to happen to my friends, I would be deeply upset and depressed. Like Hadis, I haven't eaten much. I mainly missed out on dinner, sometimes breakfast or lunch. It just depended on how I felt around that time.

"Usagi, you haven't eaten much today, you should eat dinner tonight." Luna said. I was in my bedroom, gazing up at the moon. Though, ever since Zen's disappearance and that man's appearance, the moon has been tainted red. Somewhat like the harvest moon. But it was too early for that. "Sorry Luna. I don't feel like eating dinner again tonight. Maybe tomorrow." I said, looking down at her. "I'm just...too worried for Hadis and Zen to eat right now."

Luna started rubbing herself against my arm, showing her affection and worry. I slightly smiled and started to pet her out of habit. "I'm glad you're with me Luna. Even if you nag me a lot. I'm glad you're my partner." I said to her. Luna looked up at me and smiled. "Me too, Usagi. Me too." she commented. I stood up and quickly got changed into my pj's, turning in for the night. I snuggled into my bed, Luna curling up near me. "Night Luna."

***

"Serenity!" a childish voice called out. Looked around, seeing I was in a valley of flowers, back on the moon. But in front of me, was a younger version of me. My smaller looked away from the flower crown she started making towards the voice. She gasped in delight and jumped up in glee. "You made it!" she shouted in glee. I looked the way she was and saw a young boy, who looked exactly like the man who had attacked us. "You truly think I'd bail on you? I'd be a monster if I did that to my best friend!" he said, hugging the chibi me. They both giggled in delight.

"It took me forever but I was able to outrun the scouts! I thought you'd be here before me!" Chibi me said. The boy released her and sighed heavily. "My dad had me do extra sword practice. It was boring!" he exaggerated. Chibi me giggled and grabbed his hand. "Come on, Vadis! Let's play now!" she said. Vadis...that name had a ring to it. The two ran off, laughing joyfully.

The scene changed, showing a teenage version of us both. Vadis looked at my princess self with sorrow and understanding. "I'm sorry, Serenity. I just wanted to get it off my shoulders. I've...I've held it to myself for so long. I know you love Endymion, and I'm not going to make you choose. All I truly want is for you to be happy." Vadis said in such a delicate tone. "Even though I love Endymion, we can still be best friends...right?" my princess self asked. Vadis smiled more brightly and nodded. "I'd be a monster if I left my best friend for something so childish."

The scene changed, taking place inside the Throne Room of Silver Millennium. There I saw my mother standing in front of her throne, looking at a man who was raging. "Serenity, I have told you countless times, you can't just kill one of my people! Their souls will then forever wonder! They will never be able to enter either Realms! They can't die in the Realms and be reborn if that's what you think!" the man shouted. My mother sighed and took a few steps towards him. "Haden, those men made three women widows and single mothers. The crime of murder must be paid with the death of the murderer or murderers. It is equivalent to their crime."

"It's making the balance between the Realms unstable! And you know exactly what happens when both Realms become unstable." Haden shouted. Mother's eyes widened. "You wouldn't dare!" she said, raising her voice with each word. Haden turned around and started walking away. "As you said: The crime of murder must be paid with the death of the murderer or murderers. It is equivalent to their crime."