Act Ten: It Has Begun

"What is he talking about, Usa?"

Everyone in the Command Center was silent. I wasn't sure how I should explain everything that I remembered to him. I didn't want him to be upset that Vadis had loved me like that. I didn't want him to take it the wrong way.

"My cousin and Serenity were very best friends before Hadis was born."

We looked up the staircase and I gasped lightly. "Mi-Miyako!" I said a bit shocked. Her cloak was dirty and torn in a few places. The clothes she wore was torn as well and revealed wounds that were covered in blood but were sealed up. Miyako walked down the stairs as if she hadn't fought Vadis not too long ago. "From what the shadows had told me years ago, Vadis would sneak out during the resting hours. He would explore Earth, Elysion and more than often, the Moon. Upon the Moon, there was a valley full of flowers. It wasn't that far from the Silver Millennium either. Vadis went there all the time instead of seeing the kingdom itself. And then one day, he met a young girl..."

***

Vadis was lying in the Flower Valley, the small valley that he had come to claim as his own. He was gazing at the constellations he had seen in his Astronomy book. Vadis continued to gaze upon them until he heard something. It sounded like footsteps. The shadows didn't waver around him, meaning the one who is approaching meant no harm to him. As the footsteps got louder, he could hear someone panting. Then the footsteps came to a stop but the panting continued. Vadis cautiously sat up and looked behind him to see a young girl. She had a rather strange hairstyle, to him at the least. But what really caught his attention was the mark upon her head. A crescent moon that looked like a huge smile. "Who are you?"

The little girl quickly looked up to the sound of his voice. Vadis have seen blue eyes, but not as blue as this little girl's. She kept panting before taking one big breath. "I'm Princess Serenity of Silver Millennium. Who are you?" she asked politely. Silver Millennium? Vadis looked in the direction of the distant structure. "That kingdom?" he asked. Serenity nodded. "Are you going to tell me your name now?" she asked, tilting her head a bit. "I'm Vadis, Prince of the Shadow Realm."

After they introduced themselves, they dropped the formalities and begun to play. "I've never had a friend before." Vadis said, picking another flower. Serenity looked at him and smiled. "Well now you do! And we'll always be friends!" she said happily. Vadis blushed a bit and smiled brightly. He hummed in agreement and handed Serenity the flower. "Here's another flower for the crown!"

They continued to meet one another at the Flower Valley since that day. They told stories of each other's lives and shared jokes they've heard. They also taught one another their culture. As they continued to see each other, Vadis started to fall in love with Serenity. But, he knew she had found someone else, someone she could truly be with. When Vadis became king, he wouldn't have a chance to sneak out and meet up with her. His schedule would be too cramped and busy to find a way to slip out and see her. Serenity was most certainly better off with Endymion. They were both of light and shared the same goals. They saw eye to eye and were just meant to be. But Vadis couldn't contain his feelings. Especially after the event that had occurred with his younger brother.

"Serenity, I must tell you this. It has been eating me alive." he said one day. Serenity stopped making the flower crown and looked at Vadis, who sat next to her. "What might that be?" she asked. Vadis sighed, knowing what was to come. "Serenity, I have fallen for you." he confessed. Serenity dropped her flower crown in shock. She never had thought Vadis would fall for her. That's when all those times he would blush and compliment her came rushing to her. How could she have been so blind? And during those times, she would speak of the man she herself had fallen for. Guilt started to fill her heart as the realization hit her. "I know you love Endymion. And I'm not asking you to choose. I simply wanted to tell you how I felt before it ate me alive. But even though you love him, you'll always have a place in my heart. Whether it be as a friend or a lover."