Act Six: Fear

We were at the park, having a picnic while talking. It was an amazing time for all of us! We took turns telling stories of hilarious moments we've had. Mamo-chan was being extra loving today which just made everything better. "When Shingo saw my score he started taunting me and then I told him: At least I have the highest score on the Sailor V game!" I said. Zen fell back laughing and the others laughed at both my story and her. "Would you like to add some water to that BURN!?" she shouted. We continued to laugh together. This is a moment that I wished could last forever. Of course, I can't always have my way.

We all heard screaming coming from behind us and then saw people running past us. I got up and ran towards someone who had fallen to the ground. "What's going on?" I asked. The teenage girl took in deep breaths. "D-Demons! They-They just came out of nowhere! Oh God...they're coming!" she said frightened, scrambling to her feet and running away. I felt a hand of my shoulder, I looked up and saw Zen with worried eyes. "What's going on?" she asked. I looked back towards the pathway that lead into the small forest. "Demons. At least, that's what that girl told me."

"Oh my goodness." she breathed out, rubbing her neck. That's when I took notice of a faint scar that ran across her neck in a straight line. I was about to ask her until she ran past me and towards the pathway. "Zen!" I shouted, reaching my hand out towards her. I quickly looked around and only saw me and the sailor senshi. Of course Mamo-chan and Hadis but....Hadis is someone we can trust with knowing our true identities. I took out my brooch that was in my pocket and held it above my head. "Moon Eternal, Make-Up!"

Within a flash of pink light, I was Sailor Moon. But as I looked forward, there was no sign of Zen. I started running towards the path, only to see it blocked by Shadow Hellhounds. But they were different from Vokun. Their eyes...they were purple and sinister. I felt a shiver run down my back while looking into their eyes. I felt nothing from them but darkness, no life in them. I then remembered how that girl talked about light and darkness being imbalanced. "Whoever is their leader has to be the one who's causing the imbalance."

"And you would be right."

I looked around to try and find the source. The voice chuckled. "Look down, Sailor Moon." it said. I looked down and screamed. I saw two sapphire blue eyes looking back at me, from my shadow. I fell to the ground and tried to get away from it. It laughed again and a man started to rise from my shadow. He had long, purple hair that flowed down to his knees. His skin was sickly white, almost transparent. His clothing was similar to the Four General's uniforms but it was black and purple. The main outfit was black while the seams and buttons were purple along with the inside of the cape.

"Who are you?" I asked, trying to slow down my breathing. He then put on a fake pout and looked away. "How could you forget me, Serenity?" he asked. My heart stopped and my eyes widened. He knew I was Serenity? The man tilted his head to the right. "You seem shocked. Did Luna not allow you to remember me? Damned cat." he said. I felt some anger rise when he called Luna a damned cat but also fear. "Answer the question!" I demanded, standing up finally. He just smiled and bowed. "I had played a huge role in your past life. And when I mean huge, I truly do mean huge." he answered. Though, I'm not sure if one could call that an answer.

He sunk into his shadow and rose from mine once more. The fear kept me frozen in place. But the first question that came to mind was, why wasn't the senshi attacking? I slowly glance behind me and my eyes widened in shock and fear. There were humanoid shadows holding a knife to each of my friends. I looked at Mamo-chan and saw about five of them, trying to hold him down. The same went with Hadis. I then felt a cold hand under my chin, making me look at the man. "Scared? I'm not surprised. You were always a scaredy-cat."

"WHERE IS SHE?"
I looked behind me and saw Hadis struggling nonstop. More humanoid shadows appeared and helped the others to hold him down. The man looked at Hadis and walked past me. I slowly turn around, the fear still being in control. He stopped next to Hadis and looked down at him. "That pathetic brat? How should I know? She's always running off, now isn't she?" he asked in return. Hadis struggled more against the shadows. "You have her damnit! Stop playing this game and return her!" he shouted. The man then kicked Hadis in the side, making Setsuna scream insults at him. I could only feel dread and fear. Also stupid. I should be fighting! I didn't have a shadow holding a knife to my throat! But...there's always that chance if I attack, he'll order them to slit one of their throats. Or maybe even all of their throats.

The man looked at me and smiled innocently. "It was nice seeing you again, Serenity. But I must be on my way. I have more important business to attend to." he said before sinking into his own shadow. The humanoid shadows also disappeared along with whatever prevented me from moving. I ran to Mamo-chan and helped him up and hugged him, apologizing over and over again. "I should have attack, I'm so-" "Serenity, it's alright. I understand why you didn't attack."

"We all do."

I looked up from Mamo-chan's shoulder and saw Rei bending down to my level. "He had an advantage thanks to us. If you had attack, he could have snapped his finger and had one or all of our throats slit. But the strange thing is, all that fear." she commented. I pulled away from Mamo-chan and stood up. "You felt it too? I thought I was the only one." I said, feeling a bit relieved. "I think we all did." Hotaru said. Everyone started talking amongst themselves, trying to find out why such fear filled them.

I looked down and saw sapphire blue eyes looking back at me. The fear came back, and I couldn't look away. "I'm always here. I always have been." his voice rang. I held my head and curled up into a ball. "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" I shouted, tears streaming down. I felt strong arms pull me into a hug but, I didn't feel secure. He was in my shadow...no...he was apart of my shadow. I heard muffled voices around me but I didn't hear a word they said. The only thing I could truly hear was that ringing noise you'd get after hearing something of high frequency. I then felt a hand on my shoulder and everything became silent.

"Serenity, don't let fear devour you. Fear is just a fragment of our own imagination. If you allow it to control you, then that's all your life will be filled with. Please Serenity, come back to reality."

I turned around a bit and saw Hadis, and only Hadis. He had a gentle smile that also held pain. He slowly stood up and then extended his hand towards me. "You'll be fine, Usagi."

-End of Act Six-