Christmas Special

This is a Valen(Vadis)xUsagi fanfic

It was that time of year again. Everyone was filled with joy and excitement as the holiday grew near. Christmas. The day was cold and snowy but it didn't damper the happiness radiating from a certain couple walking the streets. They walked side-by-side, their arms linked together. Who was this couple you may wonder? It was Usagi and Valen(Vadis was his princely name). Valen had come back from the Shadow Realm to spend time with his wife on earth. Even though he was a king, he had to make time for his queen. Thankfully, his father was able to take over for him in his absence. Valen wanted to spend this special month with Usagi. It was the same month he had proposed and the month they married. It was special to him and Usagi. It's also the only month his father was willing to cover for him.

Usagi was over the moon. Her hubby was back once more for their month of love and joy. It was the only time they could really give each other their undivided attention. Usagi being a manager at Came Center Crown was busy in itself, but with families leaving for the holidays, the arcade was relatively empty. It allowed her to close a bit early and see her husband. They've been going to parties that her friends hold and Christmas shopping. It took awhile for Valen to grasp the concept but Usagi helped him understand its meaning.

There was only one day left before the said holiday and the couple's anniversary. The two married the day of Christmas since it was the only holiday they could spend time together. In their eyes, it was a way of saying thanks.

Usagi's Pov

I couldn't be happier. Valen was home and brought so many presents from the Shadow Realm! It made me so excited for Christmas and our anniversary! Oh, I wish it would get here faster! We were currently walking back to our apartment after another party, this time held by Naoto and Mako-can. "Usako, are you sure you don't want to get a cab? It's freezing and the apartment is still far off." Valen asked. I looked up at him and smiled.

"I'm fine Len. No need to fuss." I assured him. I could tell he wasn't convinced, but he didn't say anything else. Instead, he looked down at my stomach.

"I'm more concerned about them." he said. I looked down at my own tummy which is currently holding our child. I put my free hand on it and rubbed it gently.

"They're fine, Len. I think I would know. They like to kick me when they're upset." I joked. Valen chuckled and leaned his head down and pecked my cheek.

"I know. That's why I can't help but fuss over you both. I want both of you to be happy and comfortable." he said. I couldn't help but blush a bit. I looked up at him and sighed but smiled.

"We'll get a cab if it'll make you worry less." I said. A huge smile adorned his face which made mine bigger as well. He took out the cell phone I bought him and dialed the number for the cab. I looked up at the night sky, there was a full moon tonight. To think, I once lived up there. It still feels like just yesterday, I met Luna who revealed to me who I truly am.

"A cab is on its way." Valen said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I smiled at him and then looked back up at the moon.

Valen's Pov.

To think, I married the woman of my dreams. Not only that, but my lover of a past life. It made my soul fly high knowing that. I always thought, I'd be alone forever. But, she proved me wrong and I'm grateful for that.

Usagi was looking up at the moon with a distant gaze. I could tell she was thinking of her past. That's what she always think of when looking at her old home. To think, one day, she'll return up there and take the crown and become Neo Queen Serenity. It's still hard to believe I'll too be a ruler of the moon. Ruling two kingdoms, how stressful that will be. However, I'll worry about that when the time is right. As of now, I will enjoy my time with my wife.