16

Zayn did gave Samantha space as he promised, a whole week of space, actually. And that whole week of space kind of really, really dragged on. All Zayn did was go to work.

Zayn could have read some books or watch some movies, but he couldn't cause it reminded him of Samantha.

On the other hand, was drawing and painting, he tried but he failed because he made a portrait of Samantha. Making him break.

At some point, Niall had noticed that his not himself lately, they hadn't talked for a whole week, an it was weird and so awkward to be sitting together. Zayn didn't flinch when the couch cushion dipped beside him. He just continued to stare.

At nothing, but the wall.

Niall cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck. You see, Niall wasn't really one for talking about this kind of issue/drama. He could talk, of course. He liked to talk most of the time, but he wasn't all that good when it comes to love and some other stuff that are related to love. Especially not with Zayn. Yes, Zayn and Niall are like brother, but they never had a heart-to- heart chat, not really.

"Hi." Niall started.

"Hey," Zayn quipped, it was awkward, so very awkward. They didn't even look at one another. Zayn talked to the wall; Niall, his hands.

"I, erm-" Niall really wasn't good at talking. "Are you... Are you okay?"

Zayn's lips curled at that. "M'fine, Niall. Thanks for asking."

Niall sighed. The conversation wasn't really going anywhere, and Zayn didn't want it go anywhere. He didn't want to talk, always the mysterious Zayn.

"Zayn, seriously." Zayn knew Niall was serious. "I'm worried about you."

Zayn sighed and ran a hand over his face. He was really tired. Sleep was hard to come by the past week. "Don't worry, i'm fine."

"But, that's the thing, i have been worried about you, I know you for the past years of being together in this band and this damn house."

Zayn just nodded, Niall was right, of course. He should be worried about his behavior this past week was so un-like zayn.

Zayn sighed, and faced Niall. "I just.. wanted to wait, you know, i've only known her for like a days now and I wanted to be the one to tell her, y'know?"

He didn't particularly want Sam to know that he screwed around with his last relationships, he didn't want her to think that she part of his dirty games. But technically, she isn't. She's different.

"I know, i know, it was a dick move for me to mess everything up. M'sorry." Niall apologized, frowning.

Zayn rolled his eyes. "You're so lame."

Niall rolled his eyes back. "You're the lamer"

"And you're the lamest," Zayn finished. "Now, take your lame arse and help me out."

"What exactly am I helping you with?" Niall asked, tilting his head.

"The best way to a girl's heart is through the stomach, yeah?" Zayn pulled out his phone showing the recipe of banana cake.

And then they were in a fit of laughter, "you know, we can't bake, you should call Harold for this mate." Niall smiled

"Yeah, we should call him." Niall grabbed his phone and rang Harry and invited him to come by.

"Okay, we have all the ingredients ready," Harry said, looking up from the recipe, there were bowls and spoons and all different kinds of things that are needed for the cake spread out around the counter. "...except sugar."

Niall shrugged at that. "Do we really need sugar?" He tossed the banana from one hand to the other.

"Of course, we do." Harry looked up at the boys, Niall rolled his eyes and left the kitchen leaving Zayn and Harry alone. Harry sighed. "Do you guys have sugar around here?"

Zayn nod, and looked for the sugar and then placing it at the counter. "Now, it's complete."

Harry paused, and then looked at Zayn. "Who's are these for exactly?"

"Well, Samantha, she likes banana cake. I'm going to surprise her after that fight we had."

Harry put the recipe down on the counter. "Oh," pain strikes through his heart. But he kept a smile plastered at his face.

"Okay, Styles, cut the crap, what is it with you every time I mention Sam?"

Harry shook his head and chose the biggest bowl, started to crack some egg into it and mixing it. "Fine i'll tell you, i like her before she even met you and Niall."

Zayn raised his eyebrows. "You were?"

Harry groaned, as Zayn tossed the egg shell into the garbage. "Yeah, but don't worry. You have her and she have you."

Zayn frowned as he poured something into the bowl. "Well, this is weird." faintly chuckled. Harry handed Zayn the whisk, as the room filled with silence.

Harry and Zayn knew they have to avoid each other but they both couldn't they're best friends. And it will not ruin just because they both love the same girl at once.

Harry sighed and stirred the things in the bowl together. Zayn reached over him, sprinkling and pouring in this and that, and it was finally staring to look like a batter.

"I just really like her, like a lot," Harry muttered.

Zayn chuckled, "we both do, we both do Harry."

Grabbing an empty tray and placing it on the counter. Harry filled the empty tray as for Zayn helping out. The timer on the stove finally dinged and the tray was slid into the oven. As those both waited in silence.

A couple of minutes passed the cake was finished and Harry grabbed them out of the oven and let it cool for a minute and they soon decorated it with love.

Zayn paused, "but, no matter what happens to us, I want you to go and comfort Sam not me, Okay?"

Harry looked at Zayn confused, he wasn't sure were he is going with this topic. "Where are you exactly is this topic going?"

"Just promise me, You'll be there for her okay?" Zayn asked, as he continue to decorate the cake. Harry was still confused, but promised to stay beside Samantha forever.

And from day on Zayn planned something that will change his whole career, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to continue his decision.

Hey!

Hope you like it.

J