Chapter 1

Bright lights surrounded me, a thousand colours everywhere I looked. Make up artists flew around the room and a constant haze of hairspray hung in the air. I stood awkwardly in the entrance trying to spot her, my eyes scanning the dozens of robe clad models in salon chairs. A squeal erupted from the back corner, her smile overtaking her face as she ran towards me, enveloping me in a hug. "Taylor oh my god it's so good to see you!!!" Lilly said, jumping up and down on the spot and grabbing my hands in her own. "It's great to see you too babe it's been so long!!" I said back, her smile still overtaking all of her features. "Come and meet everyone, they're going to love you! Are you excited?" Lilly asked as we moved around the crowds of models and hair and make up teams. I was excited to be honest, I had never done anything like this in my career and that was why I was so excited. The models eyes glanced up at me with recognition as a few of them waved and yelled greetings across the room. Minutes later we made our way into a calmer part of the huge room, where we could talk. "come into the Angels room, there's some people you need to meet, they're all dying to meet you" Lilly said as she pulled my hands towards the door. Stopping with her hand on the door she spots my nervous face, "Babe, don't stress they will love you, especially Karlie, I feel like you guys are basically the same person" Lilly says with a warm smile. Feeling more confident we walk into the room together, my nervous smile is met with the enthusiastic and breathtaking smiles of the Angels in the room. This room was classier, less busy and had less people in it, this must be where the main models get ready. Lilly leads me over to the models as they continue getting ready, sending me welcoming smiles and waves. "Taylor this is Cara, Martha, Candice and Behati, girls this is..." "We know who she is Jesus Lilly its Taylor fucking Swift" Cara interupts as she runs towards me and envelops me in a huge bear hug. Each girl hugs me like they've known me my whole life, their smiles too dazzling to stare at directly. My god they are all so gorgeous... I thought as they spoke to me, asking me about my performances and if I was excited. I had seen them from afar during the rehearsal but up close their beauty was almost unreal. "Omg I'm so excited for your performance like that song is MY JAM, your a fucking legend swift" Cara says as she slings a arm across my shoulder. My cheeks felt warm, all of these insanely amazing women complimenting ME. What is happening.
"Where's Karlie?" Lilly said to Cara, "she needs to meet Taylor, they're like actually the same person don't you think?" Cara begins nodding aggressively. "Holy shit yes now I can see what you've been going on about all these years, where is that lanky bitch" Cara says with a huge smile on her face.   As she says those words, the door opens, a breeze of chattering voices and music seeps in from the other room. "KARLIE! There you are Jesus Christ get over here there's someone you need to meet" Lilly yells from the other side of the room. My head feels slightly fuzzy with nerves as I turn to meet the girl everyone keeps telling me about, why was I this nervous? My eyes lock onto hers, bright green orbs melt into my own, her smile lighting up the entire room like....like sunshine. She walked over, her already huge smile growing even larger upon seeing our group of models. Her legs seemed to go forever, longer than most of the models who stood around me. What seemed like years later she made her way to us, standing in front of us as lily beckoned her towards me, get yourself together swift what is wrong with you... My brain screamed at me as she moved her eyes towards mine. "Taylor, this is Karlie Kloss, Karlie this is Taylor swift, your identical twin in all factors of life" Lilly introduced, walking away to leave us alone. Her eyes were like liquid gold, but the colour of emeralds, bursting into my own. "Oh my god Taylor Swift" she says slowly, her voice like none I had heard before. Her smile grew larger, her white teeth blinding me with sunshine. We stood for what seemed like forever just staring at each other, smiles matching, our cheeks almost breaking. Her body suddenly moved and her long arms wrapped around my body, squeezing me tightly as my arms did around her body. Our bodies seemed to fit perfectly, we really were alike. Pulling away, my skin tingled with happiness, or excitement... Actually I don't know why my skin was tingling, I'd never felt this before. Our conversation flowed like we had known each other for years, her laughter  filled the room with the sound of happiness. There was something about her, I didn't know what it was. But she was special. Her hand touched mine as she reached out once more to envelop my body in a hug. "I gotta go finish my hair and make up okay? But I promise I'll find you before the show, we have a lot of talking to do miss Taylor Swift, I've been waiting years to meet you" she said, her voice pronouncing every syllable like it was poetry. As she walked away, her head turned to smile at me once more, sunshine. Who was this girl and how had I not met her until now. Karlie kloss.