Chapter 20

*karlie POV*
"Okay babe I'll see you later for dinner, I love you Taylor", hanging up the phone from my girlfriend I struggle with my keys, finally managing to open my apartment door. Sighing heavily I shuffled into my hallway and slumped down on the couch. How am I going to do this. How am I going to meet them and pretend like this isn't the most terrifying thing ever. Groaning into a pillow I picked myself off the lounge, shut your brain off kloss, wait till Kris gets here. I told myself, getting up to begin tidying up before my oldest sister Kristine came to meet me for lunch. I'd always been the closest to her, she basically raised me and took me in when my parents disowned me. I needed to tell her about Taylor and I needed her help if I was going to get through tonight.
A knock on the door made my heart jump, running to the hallway I opened my door to reveal my curly haired shorter sister.
"Kris" I breathed pulling her in for a tight embrace. "Okay Karlie I missed you too my little girrafe but your kinda suffocating me here" Kristine giggled as I pulled away from her laughing slightly. Looking down into her matching green eyes her face crinkled in concern, "what's wrong?" She reads me way too well.
"Come sit, do you want coffee?" I offer her, walking her into my kitchen as I turn my coffee machine on. "That would be awesome" she replies, still trying to gauge my expression. With a laugh I tell her "kris stop reading me, I'll talk to you once we have coffee and sit". She smiles, still analysing my anxious nature as we sit with steaming cups of strong black coffee. "So?" She questions, always straight to the point this one. "Well uh...I have a girlfriend" I say, after all these years with Kristine I was past hesitating what was on my mind. Her face doesn't change too much but I can tell she's a little surprised, the last she heard I was dating Josh. "And Josh?" She questions as if she could read my mind. "Don't get me started on that fucking asshole, things ended badly, but we weren't together for a very long time before we officially broke up" I say venomously. Her eyebrows furrow at the sound of someone hurting me, "do I have to kill him?" She asks completely seriously and I burst out laughing. "No, I'm happy now, who I'm with now makes me very happy" I say quietly, now getting nervous to tell her it was my best friend. "It's uh... Taylor...Taylor swift" I say playing with my fingers, blushing. I look up to meet her eyes shyly and she looks pleasantly surprised. "Ooohhh look at that blush, your in love with her aren't you" she says with a giggle, she can read me too well. "Yeah" I mutter with a huge smile plastered to my face, fuck Karlie calm down your starting to look like serial killer barbie. "Okay so what's the problem, if you guys are good then what is it karls?" She asks gently. My smile drops and I look down again, struggling to find the words. She grabs my hand and squeezes it gently, "hey..its me its okay" she whispers. "I'm meeting her parents tonight, and she knows briefly about what happened but not the whole story" I manage to say. "Okay" she breathes, urging me to continue. "I'm terrified Kris, I'm so in love with her and I don't want to fuck this up but I can't help but be terrified something will go wrong and I'll get her pulled away from me" I breathe, starting to get upset. "What if it's like that night all over again, I can't stand another rejection and I can't stand to loose her" I say looking down.
"Karlie, if you love Taylor it will be okay, your not under their hold anymore, her parents won't be our parents, they can't tear you two apart your adults." She says gently, wrapping her arm around my shoulders.
"But what if your wrong? And what if they don't like me? I can't stand going through that agin kris." I mutter.
"You won't Karlie, I promise" she says, pulling me into a side hug.
We sit like this for a few minutes, feeling the warmth of each other and breathing in the comfort only a hug from a sister can bring.
"So..how much does she know?" She says quietly, as if afraid to ask me.
"Not a lot, I don't want her to know how scared I am" I say so quietly it's almost a whisper.
"Karlie if she loves you she will want to know, she'll want to help you. I'm not saying rush into telling her but maybe letting her in a little bit wouldn't be such a bad idea" she says and I press my tongue to the roof of my mouth, hopelessly trying to ward off the warm tears in my eyes.
"I'll try, I just...I don't know I'm scared kris, it's real...me and Taylor it's real." I say, blushing again slightly.
Kristine giggles and pats my arm, "I'm real happy for you karls okay? Just don't be afraid to let her in, so tonight your meeting them?" She says. "Yeah they're coming over for dinner and I'm meeting her at her apartment about 5". "Okay, you can do this okay? Have some faith in yourself, they're not our parents" she says gently. "I know kris, our parents are dead to me" I mutter darkly.
She sighs and then looks to me before saying "Karlie I know you don't want to talk about this but......I think you should tell Taylor they've tried to contact you".

A/N: sorry for the short chapter I just wanted to get something up, I've been feeling very unmotivated lately. Next chapter Karlie meets Taylors parents DUN DUN DUN.

Enjoy ❤️