Chapter 3

My mouth was dry, head pounding slightly with each movement as I woke the next day. Hungover but elated, i couldn't seem to get the smile off my face. Slowly sitting up I checked my phone, finding several pieces of evidence of our drunken celebrations. Photos of the Angels doing model stances on top of tables and several front camera selfies of Cara sticking her tongue out. Selfies upon selfies of the whole show and afterparty had made their way into my iPhone, my eyes lingering on the photos of Karlie and I.  Candid shots of the party in action made me giggle, Cara clearly the party animal of the group making the main appearances of those photos. My smile grew larger as I crossed a picture someone had taken of Karlie and I, wrapped in each other's arms, laughing euphorically.  My fingers moved towards the bottom of the screen, making the image my lock screen with a smirk. Closing my photos I went through the surprisingly large amount of messages I had, giggling at my brother Austin as he grilled me about what it was like to be around Victoria secret models. Going through and replying to the models that had messaged me I remembered a specific someone's number that I had gotten the night before. Opening a message and adding the laughing candid of her and I to the send box, adding "I was enchanted to meet you miss angel sunshine lady- T.S xx" and hitting the send button with a smile. Just as I went to get out of bed my phone buzzed, I jumped at it thinking it was Karlie but the buzzing continued, indicating my best friend was calling me. "Hey Selena!!!" I smiled answering the phone, "Tay!!!! How was it omg tell me everything. Was it amazing? Were they nice? Are you like an honorary angel now?". "Woaaah slow down babe" I said laughing at my best friends enthusiasm. I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I told her about the people I'd met. "So Karlie Kloss huh? You seem awfully fond of her" Selena slyly said, her voice slower than usual and careful. "Yeah, she's incredible" I said back, trailing off into my own little world again where Her smile replayed in my mind over and over. "Taylor..... You there?" Said a voice, dim in my ear, "oh shit sorry Selena I'm here I was just... thinking about something" I said with a smirk I couldn't keep out of my voice.
* * *
The weeks flew by faster than I could keep up with, my phone a constant buzz that produced a smile that I couldn't seem to reduce. Karlie and i's texting was becoming like clockwork, only stopping for sleep and work. With some time off tour until early next year, I spent my days in the Los Angeles sun, taking in the serenity of being alone for once, but for some reason I wished that I wasn't alone, that someone was here. Why couldn't I stop thinking about her? Was it because she was a crazy successful super cool model and I was awestruck over her? Was it because she was incredible beautiful? But I was surrounded with people of those descriptions every day, it was something about those green eyes that wouldn't budge from my thoughts.
She's your friend Taylor, that's all this is, you always get excited Making new friends. But saying this to myself didn't really stop my confusion as to why this tall human was on my mind so much.
"Good morning babe!! Hope you slept well, I just landed in LA I have a shoot and then a few days off :) what are you up to today? K. x" my sleepy eyes adjusted to the light as I unlocked my phone, a smile instantly filling my features. Karlie was in LA.
"Good morning sunshine! So... Why did you not previously tell me that your were going to be in LA missy? When does your shoot finish we need to catch up!! x" I replied with a excited pounding in my chest.
"Last minute call! I found out last night I was flying in today and thought I would surprise you :) I finish at 11, wanna grab lunch around 12?"
The text made my stomach explode with happy butterflies, it had only been a month or so since seeing karlie but I missed her more than I could justify in my mind.
"Sneaky kloss tsk tsk ;) sounds great, I'll text you the address of the place I'm going to take you! - T x"
Checking the time, I had a few hours to get ready. Oh my god what was I going to wear.
*           *            *
Checking my appearance in the mirror one last time brushed my hands nervously down my little black lace dress, pulling the sleeves back to my elbows. My signature red lip and winged eyeliner were perfect today. Everything was perfect today. My black pumps clicked against my hardwood floor as I walked to the door, ready to leave. Giggling as I remembered the reason I chose heels over cat flats, she's a giant. Pausing at the door for a minute I took a reassuring breathe, why was I so nervous? My phone buzzed in my hand reading "I'm so excited to see you!!!! -K x" my smile growing once more I made my way out of the house, craving the green orbs that hadn't left my mind.