Chapter 5

My mind whirled, Karlie had hung up in hiccupy tears as I frantically texted her my address. Turning off my music and putting my dinner ingredients back in the fridge I ran around the rooms, tidying up my house and filling the lounge room with comfortable cushions, and blankets. Grabbing two glasses I placed a bottle of white wine in the freezer and frantically ran up to my room to change. Ripping my leggings and singlet top off I changed to comfortable black denim shorts and my Floppy New York long sleeved shirt. Fixing my bangs I sprayed perfume on my neck and ran back down stairs. Part of my mind was hurting, simply because of the hurt I felt in that beautiful girls voice, why would anyone want to hurt her? Yet the other part of me burned with rage, having my fair share of experience with guys like this, I knew how much it hurt. That fucker better never come near her again.
A knock on my door sent my heartbeat running wild, jogging to the door I heard that it had suddenly started raining outside. As quickly as I could I opened the door. Her hair was dripping wet and mascara ran down her beautiful face. "T..Taylor.." She choked out as I pulled her inside and against me. Holding her tightly to me I could feel her body shaking with cold and emotions. After an extremely long amount of time spent just holding her I pulled back, reaching up to pull her hair out of her eyes I stroked her cheeks, which were still damp with tears. That fucker I thought maliciously to myself. Grabbing her hand I pulled her to my bedroom, walking to my draws and pulling out  pair of pyjama shorts and a baggy "genius" jumper I grabbed her hand again, leading her to the ensuite bathroom I gave her a clean towel. "Change into dry clothes, you'll feel better and I don't want you getting sick, come back out when your dressed" I said softly as she gave me a half smile, I let go of her hand slowly. Once the door was closed I let out a sigh, she looked so hurt, so shocked. Sitting on the bed I ran my hand through my hair, deep in thought when I heard the door open. Looking up I saw Karlie in the clothes I had given her, her hair in the towel I have given her and a less miserable more slightly pissed off face on her beautiful features. "Sit" i spoke softly, her long legs seemingly never ending in those shorts finding her way to my bed and sitting next to me as I rose and retrieved make up wipes from the bathroom. Sitting back down I turned to her and looked up into her big green eyes that were full of emotions. Stroking her check I pulled her in once more, not being able to help myself. After a few more minutes of soothing hugs, I pulled away, getting a make up wipe out of the packet and holding her face in one hand, gently rubbing the mascara off with the other. Once her face was free of make up I took her hand once more, leading her down the stairs to the kitchen. "I was about to make some dinner, do you feel like eating?" I said gently, still holding her soft hand. "Pizza" she pouted and spoke with the most pathetic yet adorable tone, jeez she must be upset if she's willing to break her crazy underwear model diet. Dialling the number I led her by the hand to the couch, her tall form immediately snuggling into my shoulder.
"Thank you" I said hanging up the phone, "they should be here in about 20 minutes" I said gently to the girl still nuzzled into my shoulder. Stroking her hair gently I put my arm around her, moving to a more comfortable position with her snuggled against my chest as we lay on the leather couch. "What happened babe?" I said softly, not wanting to push her into talking. I felt her sigh deeply against my chest, "His name was Josh, we had been together for a year and he was my first love..." She started out hesitantly. "We fell out of love a long time ago but I never wanted to hurt him by telling him I couldn't do it anymore because I still cared about him". "But the last few months things have been different, I've seen him less and less and today I got this message" she said, her tone switching to cold anger as she reached for her phone, opening a message and holding it up to my eye level. "Karlie it's over. You were never enough for me and I think you knew that, but you never cared. I'm with someone else. Don't contact me again. Have a nice life you heartless bitch" okay well now that fucker is dead.
"What the actual fuck" I growled.
"I know...it wasn't the fact that we were over I was upset about, I haven't loved him for a very long time...it's what he said" she said quietly
"Am I really a heartless bitch?" She whispered.
"Karlie kloss, you listen to me right now. He could not be any more wrong about you. You are one of the most beautiful, amazing and kind hearted people I know." I started off.
"I know we've only known each other for a few months but you've become my best friend and I know for a fact that you are the furthest thing from a heartless bitch that I have ever come across. You are sunshine" I said gently.
She didn't say anything, but I could feel a tear trickle into my shirt as she snuggled in further to me.
My phone vibrated after about ten minutes of comfortable silence, my security informing me the pizza was here. "Pizzas here babe" I whispered, gently sitting up and walking to the door to pay the delivery guy.
Walking back over to Karlie I placed the pizza on the coffee table, her face looking a little less broken now, just sad and tired. Knowing what we needed I walked to the kitchen, getting the wine out of the freezer and glasses from the fridge. A small giggle came from Karlie as I placed the wine down, "you always know exactly what I need Taylor". Turning the Netflix on my television we sat eating pizza, sipping on the cold wine, looking over at Karlie I could already see her looking happier. After finishing eating, another glass was poured and Karlie moved to her original position of snuggling into my chest, laying between my legs. I didn't really know at what point we became this close but it felt natural, it felt....good. The night passed like this, holding her in my arms as the television quietly played in the background. Glass after glass of wine disappearing into Karlie as she became closer and closer to me, holding me tighter as if her life depended on it. I could feel her breathing change on my chest, sleep calling her name. "Babe come on, I'll take you up to bed before we fall asleep here" she groaned on top of me as I gently began to sit it, still holding her close. Spotting the empty bottle of wine on the floor I thought it may be best If she sleeps in my room, that way I could keep an eye on her. Pulling her up she slumped on me in her sleepy drunken state, "come on babe" I said, slowly walking her up the stairs to my bedroom. She slumped onto my king size bed, closing her eyes immediately and snuggling into the pillow. Walking to my bathroom I brushed my teeth quickly and changed into small Pyjama shorts and a singlet top, I turned the lights off and crawled into my bed next to Karlie. As soon as I entered the bed she pulled me close once more, snuggling into my chest. "I love you Taylor" she mumbled drunkenly, with a smile forming on my face I whispered back "I love you too Karlie". I felt her breathing change and sleep overcome the beautiful girl on my chest, leaning down slightly I kissed her head and whispered into her "Karlie kloss, you will always be enough".