|| Chapter 60 ||

-Author's POV-

A brush paints the colors to Madison's heart. Blacks, and a touch of gold stroke their artistic lines to her pulsing veins. It was a dark world she'd thought, a world empty with heartless souls occupying the once blissful air.

She was filled with gloom. It was all due to Clara's words still evident in the back of her mind, even with the morning rays transporting her back to the world Kimberley and Cheryl have created with tranquility.

Green orbs gracefully flutter open, soaking in the morning light. A dainty smile adorns her lips, a sigh soon releases into the serene air.

Loving arms wrap tenderly around her, taking away a few dark thoughts and vanishing them into thin air. The married women lay either side of her; they nestle closely to the teen, their arms intertwining them all into a sealed bubble.

Kimberley stirs, first to wake up from the two.

"Good morning," She whispers, but never releases her daughter from the tight lock. Not that Madison was complaining, she was desperate for human contact, tears still sealed away and begging to be freed.

"Morning," Madison's voice cracks to life, last nights crying has left the once sweet tone in her voice become rough as sand paper.

"Did you sleep alright?" Kimberley whispers, rising up and giving the teen a kiss to her forehead. "How are you feeling?" She asks further, keeping close contact to a vulnerable Madison.

"Fine," The teen shrugs, averting her eyes away from the concerned blue-greys. "I need a wee." She lies, cautiously climbing out of bed and darting straight to the en-suite for a moment of peace.

Kimberley sighs, knowing her daughter needed some time to heal after yesterday's trauma.

"Maddy?" Cheryl murmurs in her sleep, "Sweets?" She stirs, stretching out with arms in search of the teen.

"She's just gone to the bathroom babe," Kimberley smiles adoringly at her pouting wife. Cheryl's eyes flutter open, meeting her wife's blue-greys; their eyes sparkle with love for one another.

"Good morning." Kimberley murmurs, sliding closer and taking the Geordie into her arms. "Give me some k- Ouch," She jolts back, noticing for the first time just how bruised and scrapped her knuckles were.

"Baby, let us see-"

"I'm fine." Kimberley stubbornly hides her knuckles under the duvet, "C'mere-"

"Kimberley, let us see I said." The blonde rolls her eyes with a sigh, giving in to her wife's request and revealing the damaged hand.

"Come on, let's get the first aid kit-"

"We'll take care of that in a bit-"

"I swear to god you're going to get it - get up." Cheryl's voice demands.

"Oh stop that, you know that voice doesn't do anything but get me worked up-"

"Kimberley!"

"Alright, alright." The blonde sighs, slithering out of bed and standing there like a child that's been told off.

"Maddy!" Cheryl shouts to the closed door, "Baby, we'll be downstairs making you a breakie!"

Madison jumps in her spot, "ALRIGHT!" She shouts back, more in anger than anything else.

"Don't you shout back!" Cheryl clasps a hand to Kimberley's mouth, pushing her out of the bedroom.

The blonde giggles, "It's hot when you're all assertive like." Her words muffle against the Geordie's palm.