|| Chapter 129 ||

Author's POV

Author's POV

Kimberley and Cheryl had slipped away that night from their ever-loud family. They knew Madison was in safe hands, both her grandmas were making sure to smother her with attention.

"We should have brought Maddy with us." Cheryl looks back, catching a glimpse of her daughter giggling away.

"She'll be fine, come along now." Kimberley takes hold of her wife's hand, a glass of bubbly in the other. "I haven't had a minute with you since we got here." She smiles, sipping her drink. "You look beautiful," She whispers softly, leaning over and placing a kiss to her wife's dimpled cheek. "You always do, but tonight... I can practically see your skin glowing."

"Give us a kiss." Chery pouts her lips, stopping just before their feet touched the sand. They wrap their arms around each other, glass of Champaign held flimsy in one hand as they kiss passionately on the side of the road. The nightly winds breeze through, scented with sea salt water and a hint of coconut.

It was late, far too late for Kimberley to be wandering Cheryl's mansion. She'd spent the night; her best friend had insisted. She's unsure with herself, recently that is. Her heart was growing fond for the Geordie, and not in a best-friend-kind-of-way. Her lips were begging to kiss Cheryl; they'd quiver and tremble each and every time she was around her pop-star best friend.

She sighs, settling down in the living room.

This house is too big for one person. She tilts her head back, taking in the high ceilings.

I'd treat her well. Her mind begins to wander. I'd be a good girlfriend to her... but does she feel the same way? I'm probably just horny right now and my mind is all over the place.

She sighs.

"You okay?" Cheryl squints, sleepy eyes and messy hair. "What're you doing in here?" She asks, ready to turn on the lights.