|| Chapter 118 ||

Author's POV

It was silent; no communication was exchanged between Cheryl and Kimberley, which was quite unusual for the two. All they could do was sit either end of the bed, each gently grasping a hold of their daughters' hand, eyes never shifting away from a sleeping Madison.

Cheryl gingerly raises Madison's hand up to her lips, lovingly kissing the olive skin, soon retreating it back down and lying her head right beside it.

Kimberley internally beats herself, watching her broken wife and broken daughter. She was sure this would be unfixable. She didn't mean to, of course she didn't. Madison was her little baby, her everything, she never imagined to ever hurt her daughter in such a way.

The Geordie sighs softly, sweet memories now playing in her line of vision.

~~~~~

"Did you pick these flowers?" Madison asks.

"Kimba did," The pet name Cheryl was sounding brought a smile to Madison's face. The smile hadn't left her expression all afternoon, maybe it was the bright sun, and the blossoming gardens, or maybe it was the Geordie making her way into the teens world.

"So you don't like flowers?"

"I love flowers," Cheryl quickly answers. "That's why Kimba kinda did all this for us." She shrugs shyly.

"Apple trees are nice too," Madison starts "Peach trees as well, I love figs.. I wanted my dad to plant a fig tree out back once.. He wasn't having any of it. Have you ever had a pear right off a tree? Or oranges? There's this farm that's about an hour drive from my house.. They have all sorts. I used to go with my brother." Again, she mistakenly brings up her brother. She mentally beats herself for rambling, it was a bad quality she had.

Cheryl found her rambling adorable.

"We don't have any fruit trees planted, we do have a cherry blossom tree, just a short walk away. We can always plant one if you'd like?" They were both so naïve.