Part 5

Poppy’s POV:

The guys were all so nice and although I wasn’t showing it, I was happy here and I didn’t want to leave.

  Mikey stood up and I followed him as he went to get some clothes for me to borrow instead of me having to wear clothes that smelt like old lime thick shake.      

    “Will this fit you?” Mikey wondered as he held out a pair of black skinny jeans I took them and held them to my waist and nodded, Mikey went back to searching and eventually pulled out small singlet from the back of his wardrobe, “how about this?” He asked.

I knew it would fit but I needed to cover my forearms… I couldn’t ask for anything else so I nodded, “Thanks.” Mikey smiled before leaving his room and shutting the door.

I sat on his bed and sighed, I really wanted to lay down again and just go back to sleep, wake up another morning in this house…

  I pulled on the skinnies with ease and the were pretty baggy but they stayed up, and I pulled on the singlet, feeling pretty naked.

 I walked out with my clothes from last night in my hands and stuffed them into my satchel before trying to use it to cover my left forearm.

    “Do you want someone to walk with you?” Ray asked considerately and I shook my head.

    “No, you guys have done enough… Thankyou so much for everything… For saving me and letting me stay here and letting me wear your clothes… I promise I’ll get these back to you somehow…” I looked to Mikey and gave him what was probably the first real smiled I had showed.

    “Don’t worry about it, they don’t even fit me anymore.” Mikey shrugged.

 I put my satchel over my shoulder and tried not to shed an unnecessary tear, I wasn’t sure why, but I felt like crying when I knew I was leaving this place… “Goodbye… And thanks again.” I mumbled and all of the guys said bye in unison.

I left the Way residence without looking back, I was scared I would start crying, I was leaving a happy place, a place that I felt safe in…

Frank’s POV:

  My little Mikey’s heart was broken the moment Poppy walked out that door. The smile that had basically been super glued onto his usual sombre face while Poppy had been here dropped instantly and we started drinking coffee like it was shots of vodka.

I was only Mikey’s age, but I felt like he was my kid brother, we all felt the same. Gerard and Ray were both twenty years old and older than Mikey and I by three years but I was like the awesome Aunty- I mean uncle of the ‘family’.

     “We need to see Poppy again.” I said quietly to Ray who nodded as we both watched Mikey mope around the two bedroom home.

     “Is this his first heartbreak?” Ray asked, Ray hadn’t always been as close with Mikey, he’d met him once or twice while he and Gerard were casual friends but he’d thought Mikey was pretty odd back then.

     “No… I’m pretty sure there was a girl when he was fourteen that broke his heart.” I mumbled with my eyes narrowed.

      “What are you two whispering about?” Questioned Gerard as he stood next to us and started watching Mikey as well.

        “We are talking about seeing Poppy again so that your little brother’s heart doesn’t get broken.” Ray said quietly and Mikey finished another cup of coffee.

   Gerard nodded slowly, “I wish we could but I seriously think Poppy is long gone. We don’t know where she is and I doubt she’ll be going back to the smoothie bar anytime soon… So until then we’re going to have to find other ways of cheering Mikey up.” He said quietly before walking away.

I knew Gerard was right, Mikey was going to be depressed until we distracted him, and Mikey’s mind wasn’t nearly as small as the rest of our minds so that was going to be a damned hard task.