Part 23

Hi all! I'm so sorry for not uploading last night but my sister was being a computer hog and I wasn't happy with mah short ass chapter :L Please forgive me!!!! And I'm sorry if it seems like I'm copying crzecupcake's story by skipping to Winter break but I'm not, I just have no idea about anything American-school-related. I hope you all enjoy this! Sorry for the wait!

Ps: Rolling down hills is mega awesome!

~

Winter Break.

Ray’s POV:

  I watched the winter bunnies playing around in the snow; Maria had at least ten layers and looked like she could hardly move, but she still looked as cute as ever. They all ran around with one another and built piles of snow balls, apparently planning a surprise attack on us guys.

I shut the curtain and smiled, “Frank? You feel like foiling plans today?” I wondered and hopped off the sofa.

Frank looked up with wide eyes, “Yes!? What plans?!”

   “The girls have a snowball fight brewing-” Before I could say anything else, Frank was on his feet, grabbing a coat and ordering everyone else.

   “Gerard! You be the dummy and our human sacrifice; Ray, Mikey- you two follow me!” He ordered, Gee and Mikey looked up and sighed before grabbing their coats.

   “Why do I have to be the human sacrifice?” Gerard questioned and pulled on his coat.

   “Because… Uh… It’s usually me.” Frank shrugged, “I need a break.” He smiled to Gerard who shot him a look before Frank was shooing him towards the door. Mikey and I followed Frank to Gerard’s room where Frank opened his window, letting all of the cold winter air in.

  We all climbed through Gerard’s small window and came out behind a small tree, we played stealthy and hid against the wall.

   “Get him!” Wren yelled and I guessed Gerard had just stepped out, we heard Gerard yell as snowballs hit him.

Frank tried not to giggled before he gestured for us to go, we all raced out from behind the tree and dived for the girls’ snowball pile.

Maria’s POV:

   I was the first to see the guys jumping out from behind a tree and I squealed. Everyone else turned in time to see Mikey’s epic dive for the snowballs, he practically slid like a penguin on his stomach and started throwing our own weapons at us.

Frank and Ray started pounding us with the attack and it was only a second before Leda was behind Gerard, using him as a human shield. Wren and Poppy dived for the snowball pile and attempted at continuing the failure of an attack while I dropped to my well padded belly and stayed against the snow.

  “Epic fail on your part!” Frank taunted as we all defrosted in front of the oven, we were baking some cookies! The smell was amazing but the heat was ten times better.

   “I-It never got this cold in California.” I whined and Ray laughed and put his arms around me.

    “Don’t worry Maria, you’ll get used to it.” He rubbed my arms and I smiled up at him.

Wren looked a bit deflated at the snowball loss and kept a small pout on her pale face, Frank kept smiling at her which got him nowhere. Leda and Gee were the same as usual and Poppy and Mikey were as quiet with their relationship as ever.

    “Are we spending Christmas here?” Leda asked and Gerard nodded.

    “Yup, but I’m just warning you that Santa prefers not to visit the Way residence. Instead we have to do all our own Christmas shopping.” He smiled, it was good seeing Gerard normal- His moodiness and drunkenness had lasted for another few weeks after our ‘intervention’ before he stopped.

    “That’s fine. We can all shop for each other.” Leda shrugged and everyone nodded before going silent again and trying to soak in the warmth.

Mikey’s POV:

   I hadn’t thought much about Christmas, I had no idea what I was going to buy anyone. It was still two weeks but I had to buy something for everyone and I didn’t want to buy them just any old crap.

I lounged on my bed with a pen and a notebook and jotted down whatever I could think of getting, and it wasn’t much.

    “Whatcha doing?” Poppy asked and pushed open my door, I smiled before hiding the notepad.

   “Making a list.” I shrugged, Poppy grinned.

    “For Santa or a ‘to do’ list?” She asked and sat on the corner of my bed.

    “More like a ‘to buy’ list.” I shrugged again before adjusting myself so that I could kiss her.

Poppy always looked gorgeous but recently she had started wearing less black and if it were possible she looked even more gorgeous- She wore black with everything still but she had started wearing green and purple a lot, she even had a green streak through her blonde hair, courtesy of Leda.

   “Are you going to see your mom for Christmas?” I wondered and Poppy frowned, she hadn’t seen her mom still and I didn’t blame her.

   “Probably not… If I do anything I might just drop by around Christmas and say that I’m alive and Merry Christmas.” She shrugged, I nodded before smiling to her.

Leda’s POV:

   “Who’s actually seeing their family for Christmas?” I asked out of the blue.

 Silence followed. “Aren’t you Wren? Your dad only lives a few minutes away?”

Wren shook her head, “No. I spoke to my dad a week ago and he said he is going to Arizona to see a friend for Christmas.” She shrugged, the newest thing about Wren were her light blue streaks and the fact that she now lived with Frankie.

   “Oh.” I pulled a face at the silence and wondered if Mikey and Poppy were out here whether it would be so quiet.

   “Can we go Christmas shopping tomorrow?” Frank asked and looked to all of us with a childish expression.

   “Sure-” I started but Maria spoke first.

   “Not in the afternoon! I have to go to work then.” She said and Frank arched an eyebrow.

    “Where do you actually work?” He questioned, obviously he was a bit far behind in the hundreds of conversations we had a day.

     “At a music store.” Maria said slowly like she was explaining to a baby. Frank nodded slowly, “Ohh…”

    “So tomorrow morning we should meet up at the mall for some shopping?” Ray suggested.

    “Yep… No big spending though guys,” Gerard said and shot everyone looks.

    “Yes mooooom.” Frank pulled a face and we all laughed.

  “Instead of having to worry about spending big, why don’t we do like a secret Santa or something? Draw names from a hat?” Ray suggested and everyone nodded at the good idea.

We called Poppy and Mikey out while we all wrote our names on paper and scrunched it up, we put the balls of paper in Mikey’s beanie before starting.

We all walked up and pulled out names, Mikey and Ray got their names and had to draw again before we were all stepping back and peeking at our pieces of paper. Frankie. I laughed at the heart he drew above the ‘i’ before folding my piece of paper again and stuffing it into my pocket.