Part 10

Maria’s POV:

   I had felt totally shy when I first met Leda’s friends, I was a whole year older than Leda but I had never been as friendly or sociable. But I was so happy now that she’d introduced me, I was a big dork whether I liked it or not and now I was talking about Star Wars with a guy I had just met… Ray was so nice and quiet compared to a lot of Leda’s friends though, I really liked him.

    “Hey, me and Gerard and going to go onto the playground and scare some kids. Wait here.” Leda said and patted my hand that was tapping on the table before she and Gerard shuffled out of McDonalds and I saw them start struggling up the bright red slide before I heard someone scream.

   I turned to Ray who looked at the picture of Ronald McDonald on the wall next to us, “He’s pretty creepy…” Ray laughed a little before smiling at me.

    “Just a little… Do you… Do you uh, read Harry Potter?” I wondered, it was the first thing that popped into my mind and I instantly wished I could take it back.

    “No… I don’t really read much apart from comics but I have seen all of the movies so far.” He shrugged and that made me calm down a little about my stupid question.

    “That’s cool…” We both sat awkwardly and quietly for a while, I got the idea that Ray was the hermit of the group and didn’t get out or party as much but I didn’t mind because he was really sweet… I played with my brown and my light blue shirt.

     “You know… We could get together… Maybe sometime to watch some of the Harry Potter movies… If you want…” Ray looked down when he said it and fidgeted a bit and I smiled.

     “Sure!” I said it a little too enthusiastically.  Wasn’t usually this reserved with my friends and I was finally letting my hypo rainbow colours show.

  Ray smiled at my answer, “Really? Uh, that’s awesome.”

      “Yeah… It is… I’m really glad you asked.” I couldn’t stop myself smiling now and I could almost tell that Ray liked my happier side so I decided to stick with it.

Mikey’s POV:

   I walked next to Poppy and we were heading back toward Gerard’s place, “Do you want to get anything from the shops?” I asked as we passed a grocery store.

   “Can we buy some tea?” Poppy asked sweetly, he blue eyes looked so cute.

   “Sure, come on.” I smiled and turned into the grocery store, Poppy followed and we got a look from the cashier who was an old Italian man.

Poppy giggled at it, “Why do teenagers always get that look?” She asked and I shrugged.

    “Because we have no morals or responsibilities.” I shrugged sarcastically and she laughed before pulling me along to an aisle full of tea and coffee.

I smiled at the smell of coffee and started reading the foreign names of different brands while Poppy looked at the tea, she knelt by the aisles and read the back of each box and I smiled before going to the other side of the aisle to look at different coffee when a tiny Italian looking woman stopped between us.

     “This tea, very good for love.” Said the lady before picking out a red box and holding it up to me, I smiled slightly in confusion and Poppy straightened up and smiled.

    “Uh… Thanks?”

    “No. No thank. You look at her sweetly…” Said the lady before she grabbed another box of tea with a purple label, “This one make you good in bed and…” She picked out another one and piled it on top of the other two in my hand, “This one smell good.”