Part 22

I'm so sorry the chapters are short but school has tired me out!! Grr. Also I got an awesome graphics tablet a few days ago and I'm dying to use it but I always put my story first (: Sooo, hope you guys are luvin it!

~

Wren’s POV:

  Gerard was in a pissy mood after the ‘intervention’ and spent most of the day in his room sobering up, it was dark now and sadly everyone was leaving Poppy, Mikey and I with the grouchy Gerard.

   “Bye…” I mumbled and kissed Frank on the lips, he smiled and hugged me.

   “Try not to hurt yourself again… Don’t worry about school tomorrow, I got my sister to call in and give reasons why we were all away and why we will all be away tomorrow.” Frank smiled.

   “My hero,” I acted out a fainting scene and he chuckled before catching me, “I love you Frankie, now go home and tell your sister I said thankyou!” I kissed his cheek and he kissed mine.

   “See you Babe,” He waved energetically as he left, I turned to see Mikey and Poppy looking like a real couple; with Mikey’s arm around Poppy’s waist and both looking at the leaving Frank like he was their baby.

I shut the door slowly and they snapped out of it, I smiled. Mikey looked at my smile and pulled a face, “I’m gonna sleep on the sofa so Gee doesn’t sneak out and you two can have my bed.” He shrugged and Poppy looked like she was about to protest but he kissed her cheek quickly and she pouted at him before he strolled to his room.

  Poppy was at my side with a smiled, “I’m so happy you can stay here!” She whispered and hugged me tight. I hugged her back.

    “So am I, when Gee is sober I’ll thank him…” I pulled a face and Poppy smiled.

We sat on the sofa until Mikey resurfaced with some pyjamas on, we both headed to his room then. I changed into some of Poppy’s clothes that were a bit too lengthy for me but would be fine, she wore Mikey’s pyjamas that looked so big on her!

    “Just settle in, I’m going to go and say goodnight to Mikey… Do you need anything?” Poppy asked and tightened the strong on her trousers.

   I shook my head and jumped under the covers, “Nah… Tell Mikey I said nightie night!” I grinned, ignoring the slight sting in my wrist and I grabbed Skittles Munster the Monster and hugged him.

Poppy’s POV:

   I almost tripped over Mikey’s pants as I shuffled into the living room, Mikey was already settled on the sofa and I felt bad for him… I had kicked him out of his bed so much and we’d just recently started sharing it, but now he was out again!

   “Do you have enough pillows?” I asked and sat myself on the very edge, he scooted over slightly and nodded.

    “I’m fine Poppy, how about you and Wren?” He wondered ad I nodded, it was silent and I was about to stand when Mikey spoke again, “Can I tell you something?” He asked quietly and I looked to him and smiled before nodding.

  Mikey pursed his lips, “Uh… I think I need to tell you that Wren and I used to date…” He mumbled. It didn’t really register in my head at first and I nodded slowly as my mind grated with his words. “It wasn’t a real relationship or anything Poppy, I can promise you that, we were more friends than anything…” He said quickly when I didn’t speak.

  I swallowed, I wasn’t sure how I felt… How I was supposed to feel or how Mikey thought I would feel. I felt slight jealousy actually… But then my sisterly feelings kicked in and banished any jealousy, telling me that I was an idiot for even feeling that to begin with- I mean Wren and Mikey would never do anything to hurt me, and Wren was so happy with Frank and I was more than happy with Mikey…This had happened a long time ago too!

   I nodded, “I should have been smart enough to tell.” I shrugged and Mikey shook his head quickly.

   “I’m sorry I never told you! But it-it… We really are just friends now and I figured it was the right time to finally tell you because you and Wren are so close…” He stopped and looked at me sadly, it made me smile the tiniest bit.

 I nodded again before laughing softly and hugging Mikey. There was no way I would let this kill our relationship. “Mikey, I love you…” I sighed.

    “I love you too Poppy…” He mumbled.

  I pulled back from the hug and smiled, “Any more secrets?” I asked.

He narrowed his eyes with thought for a moment, “… I like unicorns.” He shrugged and I almost fell off the sofa laughing.

     “That’s cute! Next time I see a unicorn toy I am buying it for you.” I declared and Mikey smiled. We kissed goodnight before I was back in his room.

   “That took a while…” Wren noted and fiddled with Skittles Munster the Monster.

 I nodded and shrugged with a smile on my face and crawled into bed next to my sister, “Yeah… We talked about unicorns.” I shrugged. The very last thing I wanted was for Wren to worry about anything to do with the past when she needed to heal. I looked back to the bandage on her arm and looked away.

     “Night Wrennie…” I mumbled and Wren smiled.

     “Goodnight Popsicle…” She yawned before rolling onto her side with Skittles Munster the Monster and going silent.