Chapter Thirteen

Tick tock, tick tock. It's getting time to do it. In less than twenty minutes, I will be getting married. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I feel like I can't breathe and I'm going to puke. Was this the right thing to do? There was a light knock on my door and my mother pouts in, wearing a light yellow bridesmaid dress and yellow flats. Her hair was in a tight bun and a white flower lied on the side. I smiled at her and she smiled back at me, she reaches up with her white hankie to dab at her eyes.

"Honey, you look so beautiful," She whispered, taking a step towards me and moving hair out my face. I smile at her.

"Thanks mom, you look nice too. Like a plump lemon." She laughs at that and looks down at her tummy and then at me.

"No matter what happens tonight, I want you to keep that beautiful smile on your face." I smile bigger and nod.

"I will," I promised, leaning up to kiss her cheek. She closes her eyes and smiles. I sit down at the mirror chair and start appling make up. Miguel and Max stumble in, stopping as they are me and my mother.

"We can't tell her now!" Miguel whispered shouted. Max rolled his eyes and he shots me a hopeful smile. Why does everyone look so nervous on a day bigger than then when I was born?

"Gentleman, shouldn't you be with Lucas?" My mother asks. Max nods and grabs Miguel. He yanks away and looks at my mother.

"Tell her, you can't keep secrets from her forever." He said. My mothers face flushed up. I glanced at my mother in confusion.

"What? Tell me what?" I asked, looking away from the mirror chair. Max tugged in Miguel harder, making him fall.

"It can wait," Max said, glaring at Miguel. My mother didn't say anything. I looked from her, to Miguel, to Max.

"What's going on?" I asked, again. My mother shook it off and pushed the boys out. The door clicks shut and she looks at me.

"It's nothing serious, lets discuss it after the big day. Please." Her voice sounded pleading, almost needy. I have never heard her like that. I nodded.

"Okay," I agreed. She smiles and plays around with my hair for a few extra minutes before she looks at her watch and squeals. I laugh. Mom sounds like a giggly pig when she squeals.

"It's show time baby girl."

*Lucas*

Oh god. I'm so nervous. What the hell is wrong with me? I have waited almost two years to be with Cassidy forever, and here was the moment. Was I ready for this? Did she want this? What if I forget the vows? OMFG.

"Dude, breathe." Miguel said, handing me a glass of water.

"I don't think I can do this guys," I said, fanning myself with a paper fan. We were on the second floor of the Eiffel Tower and I felt sick.

"You can, and you will. Cassidy looks beautiful and she's waiting for you." Max assured. I force a smile and try to push the bad thoughts away. They work with little efforts.

"You are not bailing out on Cassidy!" Miguel shouted, making me choke on my water. I gag and he smiles at Max. "See, all you gotta do is use a little force." I stood up and shakes myself off and looked at myself in the full length mirror. I was pretty spiffy. I was wearing a black tuxedo with a black bowtie. My shoes were black slacks and my hair was slicked back. I looked like my father, who should be here and isn't.

"How many more minutes?" I asked, glancing around the room. I had to do this before I bolt out of the room. I wasn't gonna bail on Cassidy, but this was a huge step. I just hope we are okay six months after being newlyweds.

"About two, get ready, you need to be there before Cassidy walks down with her father." Max said. Miguel cleared his throat.

"Speaking," He started.

"Zip it Miguel, or I'll put you in a head lock like when we were kids." Max shouted. I gave them a weird look and shook my head as I waited for my cue to walk out.

*Cassidy*

Here I was, getting ready to walk down the aslie with my father. I could see Lucas, standing tall and nervous. He turned around and we met eye contact. He smiled and I smiled back. He looked so handsome. My father stuck out his arm and I wrapped mine around it. He smiles.

"Are you ready?" He asked. I looked back at Lucas who is now facing the front and I nod.

"Yes," I said and we walked out. I haven't practiced my walk so I was kinda rushing to stand next to Lucas who looked like he wanted to pass out. My father helped me and we managed to get there right as the song ended. There were a bunch of people on the Eiffel Tower today. Did we even know these people? My mom and dad stood off to the side, watching Lucas and I. Miguel and Max were on the other side, thumbs up and nothing but smiles. This was perfect.

The preacher is a seventy year old man, with gray hair and hazel eyes. His face is covered in wrinkles but his eyes are bright as if he hasn't seen many young couples before. He had repeat some things that seem to take to long and he gives us praise that our relationship last forever and ever. Till death does us part. Finally, he asks for us to reicit our vows. I decided to go first.

"My dearest Lucas. You are my everything. You are the Mac to my cheese. The peanut butter to my jelly. The light to my boring living room. Only meeting when I was the new girl in Ohio. You came in and swooped me up. Not being like the average teenage boy. You taught me new things and new ways to old ways. You make me so happy. When we kiss, I feel on fire and when you hold me, I feel safe. You aren't the perfect human to most people, but you are that and so much more to me and I'm never gonna give you up. We are in this together and with Sophia close to approaching, I'm ready to take the world by storm, but I need you next to me. I love you." My mother is blowing her nose in her hankie and I kinda giggle. Lucas smiles and squeezes my fingers.

"My turn," He replies before chuckling. "Cassidy Ann Lowly, will you please take the name Cassidy Ann Rogers? As I want you to be mine. You are by most, the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on. You make me so happy. Before you came to Ohio, I was just Miguel's best friend who ate cheese pizza in his pool and played video games in his basement. You came in and changed my world. Making me laugh more and smile more. I wanted to show you everything and Paris is just our first stop." A few people laugh and he blushes red. I feel tears coming. Why am I crying? "Baby, you light up my world like nobody else. I can't wait till we have Sophia and we can start out life and I can show your father that I'm nothing but the best for you and that I love you. And I promise, as long as Jesus Christ himself, keeps me here. I will never hurt you like that again. I love you baby girl, lets take this world on a storm, the three of us." By now, my makeup is smearing and Lucas is fighting off tears. The preacher dabs at his eyes and he smiles.

"Oh, what are you two waiting for, kiss!" He shouts. Lucas and I stare at each other and we lean in and kiss. It's perfect and you can hear everyone cheering and the bells ringing and someone's throwing rice. Probably Miguel. We pull away and kiss again. As I look at my husband, I can't fight the urge to jump in his arms. He laughs and leans down, picking me up and spinning me around. Seven months pregnant and all.

"We are officially a married couple, what should we do first?" He asked. My parents are walking towards us and I smile.

"Lets go eat cake!" I shout and he dashes off with me in his arms, before my parents can congrats me with my new wedding.