Chapter Fourteen

We cut the cake and everyone claps and cheers. It's a perfect moment. Lucas puts cake in my face and I put cake in his face and we both laugh. My mother is taking pictures while my father is sulking over in a chair with more than one wine bottle. Why don't I ever remember him like this when I was a child? As I wipe cake icing off Lucas's face, I notice a girl with blonde hair and wearing a too short white dress. I gasp and Lucas looks my way to see who it is. He narrows his eyes.

"Hey fellas! Who's ready to get fucked up!?" She shouts. She stumbles in her high heels and Miguel's face goes as red as the bowtie he' wearing.

"Oh my god," He whispered. He scurries over to her and pulls her to her feet and out the room. Everyone is staring at Lucas and I. We don't know what quite to say. All I can do is think to myself, who invited this bitch to my party?

*Miguel*

First Max, comes here, trying to bond and now Chole? No. I can't deal with this. I won't.

"Chole, what the hell are you doing here?" I growled, holding her by her wrist. She reeked of beer and weed. She looked terrible. What was she exactly wearing?

"To congrat the bride and groom. Now, lemme go." She spluttered. She looked like she was gonna drop dead on her face. I held her up, depisate how bad I wanted to drop her and leave her.

"You aren't welcomed here, now get lost." I said. She glared at me and pulled from me, making me stumble back a bit.

"This isn't your damn wedding, so I suggest you back off and leave me the hell alone. You left me all alone with a baby, I didn't even want. Kill yourself." She spit at me. I stood, dumbfounded as she walked back towards the door.

"You shouldn't have been so quick to want to be with someone four yeard older than you. Don't you know when you are being used?" She ignores me and the door slams as she disappears in there.

*Max*

Miguel knew that girl? I wonder what they know about each other. Miguel hasn't walked in, but that girl has. I should go say something. 

The girl walks over to Lucas and Cassidy and starts hugging them and talking. Lucas makes a face and Cassidy forces a smile, trying not to be rude. I walk over to them. I stand between the blonde and Lucas and Cassidy. 

"Hey there, I'm Max. Nice to meet you." I said, shaking my hand at the blonde. She looks at it and waves.

"Hi, I'm Chole." She said. She turned her attention back to Lucas and Cassidy but I cleared my throat.

"I think your parents are looking for you Cassidy, you should probably go with her Lucas." Cassidy looks realived and I watch as they walk off. Chole glares at me. She looks very upset. Chole has long blonde hair that looks like it could be cleaned. Her eyes are sparkling blue and she has freckles. Under up all the make up, I bet she looks pretty goregous. She folds her arms over her dress and narrows her eyes at me.

"What are you doing? Checking me out?" She asked. I let out a lifeless laugh and look at her.

"No sweetie, I'm gay. I'm Max. It's nice to meet you." Again, she doesn't reach to touch my hand.

"Gay? So, you like it in the ass?" She asked. I glared at her.

"We arem't talking about that, better question is, what are you doing here?" She smirked.

"What are you? Some kind of security?" She laughed. "You wouldn't be able to catch me on a good day," I smirk back and reached out, grabbing her and pinning her on the ground. A few people stop and watch. Lucas and Cassidy are eating cake and laughing.

"I guess this must not be a good day for you." I whispered in her ear. She squirms and I let her go. "Still wanna stay?" She punches me in the face, which makes my jaw ache a little.

"Fuck you," She said and stormed out the room. I sat there, holding my cheek, smiling.

Too bad you weren't a guy. I probably would fuck you.

*Cassidy*

Lucas and I escape into our hotel room. Miguel and the others are still at the party. I was tired and I wasn't in the mood to have anymore surprises. Lucas unloosens his tie and flops on the bed next to me. We look up at the celing and don't say anything. I feel his fingers graze mine and they lock into mine. It feels wonderful.

"I love you," Lucas whispered. I turn to look at him and he's staring at me. I smile.

"I know, I love you too." I whispered. He leans into me, his lips, centimeters from my lips when theres a knock on the door. I groan.

"Go away!" Lucas calls. The door opens and in walks my father. He smells like strong vodka. I sit up and look at him.

"Hello," I said, trying not to show the anger in my voice.

"I'm not your father. I'm your uncle." I stare at him. Okay, how drunk is he?

"What are you talking about?" I asked. He looks down.

"I'm not your father, he ran out on you and your mother, years ago. I swooped in and I have been taking care of you since." I sat there, trying to take in everything this stranger was saying. His words were slurring and I didn't want to believe him. I wasn't gonna believe him.

"You're lying, Mom would have told me." He looked at me.

"Would she?" He asked. Lucas stood up and my father looked at him.

"I have nothing aganist you Mister Lucas, but you did hurt her. Are you gonna run out on her just like her father did?"

"Never," He whispered. I sat, feeling numb and drained. What the actual fuck is happening? My father looked at me and I looked at the ground. He wasn't my father so, theres nothing more to explain. 

"I hate to ruinthe best day of your life but I couldn't let you live a lie anymore." The door closes and I sit there, staring at it. Lucas crosses his arms and he studies me.

"Baby, are you going to be okay?" He asked. I look at him and force a smile on my face, it comes out like a upside frown. I can't pretend that I'm not hurt or confused. The tears start to build up and when I turn on the facuet, they spurt everyehere. Lucas is by me and my head is on his shoulder and I'm shaking and a mess and he doesn't say anything. He just rubs my back and keeps holding me.

I cry till theres nothing left and Lucas and I fall asleep next to each other.

I just want to wake up and want it to be a dream. He would come in and stumble on the bed and he would laugh and finally accept that Lucas and I were getting married and we would become a happy family and their wouldnt be anymore fighting or anything and Sophia would b happy and life would be perfect and I wouldn't be crying and wishing I wasn't born right now.