Chapter Sixteen

• Dedicated to Seth Aiden Williams

The movie theater is crowded and most people are here to see Evil Dead. Just my luck. Or, our luck. Lucas and I hold hands while Miguel stands in line, feeling slightly awkward and weird. A group of teenagers walk in and I feel Lucas tense. It's the girl with blue hair and the group of dudes. Sara Lynn. I glare at her and she smiles at us. She starts walking towards us. Our eyes never leave each other as she stands, inches away from us.

"I see you got out the house," She said. I narrow my eyes at her, forming slits.

"Yeah, I see you're with your fuck group." I replied back. She growled and a boy with brown eyes and pale ghost skin stepped up to me. He had bleach blonde hair with a hint of black. It was swooped to the side, looking like a scene king. I couldn't stop staring at him. He smirked and Lucas stepped in front of me, making me lose focus.

"Get your bitch," He hissed. Lucas stepped up, putting his nose in his face.

"Get your bitch, last thing I heard, she's the whore of Oregen." He sneered. Miguel caught Chole standing among the group and shook his head. She didn't dare show eye contact. Scene king pushes Lucas and Lucas punches him square in the face. I heard a crack and the scene king stumbled back. Sara Lynn looks amused.

"You aren't gonna let him get away with that, are you?" She whispered. Scene king narrowed his eyes and he stood up, wiping his nose and cracking his nose back into place.

"Shut up Sara, you'll have yours. Trust me." He said, glaring at Lucas. Lucas smirked.

"I'll be waiting here," He said. I watched as they walked away, the scene king's eyes, never leaving his. Chole starts to follow and Miguel grabs her.

"Who is that douche? Why are you hanging with them?" He demanded. She yanked away from him.

"Fuck you Miguel. That's Kevin and I believe I don't have to remind you of anything that goes on in my life, understand?" Miguel looks pissed as ever but he lets her go and she stalks off. Lucas sighs and looks at me. I try my best to give him my best smile. He sees right through it.

"We can go home if you want," He whispered. I shook my head. 

"We can stay and watch the movie. I don't mind." I said. He didn't looked convinced. He planted a kiss on my lips and we ordered our ticket and headed to watch our movie.

*Lucas*

Evil Dead was possibly the best movie I have ever seen. It was so scary and fucked up and the girl was smoking hot. Cassidy wouldn't let go of me and while we walked back to the car, she kept looking around. It was cute.

I was a little annoyed with that douchebag named Kevin and Sara Lynn. I know I have no right to tell them that they can't come out, but seeing them. UGH. It makes so fucking mad. Sara Lynn who made me hard. And Kevin, who had my girl staring at him like he was a God or something. They aren't normal, something is odd about them.

I put Cassidy down to sleep and Miguel and I went out on the porch to smoke a cigarette. We sat on the rail, watching the night sky. It was so still and quiet. I loved it. It was perfect.

"Dude, I think I love Chole," Miguel blurted. I choked on my smoke.

"What?" I asked, staring at him with tears in my eyes.

"Chole, I think I love her." He says again. I don't say anything, blowing smoke out into the night sky. "How do you know when you are in love?" I chuckle and drop the ash on the ground.

"It's real, cause you don't question it. You know you love her." Miguel looked down and then he reached his hand out, trying to grab my cigarette. I handed it to him and smiled. "I knew I was in love with Cassidy from the moment I met her. She was the girl I thought about all the time. She's beautiful as fuck and I just, I don't know. I couldn't explain the feelings I had for her. How every time I talked to her, I got knots and butterflies. How I always felt like I had to shower when she was coming to hang with us. How I always tried to protect her. I love her. I knew that."

"Then what the fuck made you want to get with Lena Ray? If what you and Cassidy have is 'real' love?" I take the cigarette and took the last hit, smashing out the cigarette and looking at him.

"She came in and told me new things. I was at the stage where I thought we weren't gonna last. Lena Ray made it easy. She was easy. She wanted me so bad and I wanted to see if I had anything for her. I didn't. Yeah, hanging with her and kissing her was nice. But she was missing something. Only Cassidy has it and at a point, I had to end it. I didnt want her to get hurt, but she did." Miguel looked at me and I looked down.

"Do you ever blame yourself for her death?" He whispered. Yes.

"No, and I don't want to talk about this anymore. She's dead. Let her rest in peace." It starts to snow and I hop off the rail and head towards the door. "You coming?" Miguel doesn't look my way as he responds.

"I think I'll sit out here for a while. I got a lot of things that I need to think about." He explained. I shrug my shoulders and open the screen door and walk in. It slams and I close the back door. I head up the stairs and head to the bathroom. I need a shower.

Do I blame myself for Lena Ray's death? Only every fucking second of my entire life. It's my fault. She wouldn't have blown her brains out if I had just rejected her when she asked me to kiss her. She was such a cute little thing, but she was nothing like Cassidy. I was happy with Cassidy, why wasn't she enough back then? What's wrong with me? Now, some poor girl is dead, and for what? Cause she couldn't have me? It makes me sad and angry, cause she knew I was with Cassidy. She was a sweet girl who just wanted love. Why did she have to fall for me though?

The bed creaks as I climb in, feeling shitty and upset. Cassidy is snoring. Her belly, rises and falls. I love the way she smells and I snuggle up to her. She winces and then she smiles. I kiss her lips and whisper sweet things in her ear. I'm so glad she took me back, I would be nothing without her. My princess.