Chapter 17

Chapter 17~~~

Finally we move apart from each other, and I stare at Ezekiel whose eyes are blotchy and red. He tries to shy away, but I move his face towards me with my palm. He looks at me with those icy blue eyes which seem even lighter, but what made me breathless was the golden flecks that shone brightly electrifying me. I could feel all his pain and sorrow from just one look. He looked at the ground ashamed that I had seen him cry.

"You're eyes are-wow." I stated breathlessly. He looked back up at me his eyes duller than before and he smiled at me.

"Sorry, it's just I-um-yeah, you get it." He moves away from me and goes back to staring at the ground.

"Sometimes you just have to let it all out, Ezekiel." I pat him on the back hoping to somewhat soothe him. He shrugs me off though.

"I shouldn't cry, I'm a man." Ooh sexist much?

"Because you're a man? What's the difference between a crying man and a crying woman?" I raise my eyebrow up at him.

"Men aren't supposed to cry they're supposed to be strong and taking care of the women."

"My god, Ezekiel. I don't need to be taken care of and do you realize how horrible that statement was? I can take care of myself, if you hadn't noticed I can kill people with a flick of my hands." Ezekiel still stares at the ground like it's the most interesting thing in the room, I notice his cheeks are a bit red. "Are you blushing?" I ask incredulously. Ezekiel's cheeks redden even more.

"A little." Ezekiel mutters and turns around.

"Aww, how cute." I pinch his cheeks and Ezekiel slaps my hand away. I coo at him, while he just glares at me.

"It's not cute, it's just my face."

"Aww, you're defending yourself." Ezekiel just growls lowly at me. I back up laughing he shakes his head and stands up straighter.

"This is why I don't like telling people things or showing weakness." Ezekiel mutters quietly I still pick up on it. I instantly feel horrible about teasing him.

"Ezekiel, I'm so-" Ezekiel just puts his hands up muttering a small 'It's okay'. "Ezekiel, I really am that's no way to act towards my mate. I'm being a total bitch." Ezekiel just nods chuckling showing his dimples. I gasp and put my hand towards my heart faking sadness.

"Get over it." Ezekiel waves it off and I snort loudly, immediately blushing because it was so loud. Ezekiel turns toward me slowly with a straight face and we stare at each other for a few seconds and burst out laughing. I haven't laughed like this in so long, I'm sure anyone that were to walk into the room would be confused as to why we are laughing so hard. We both are on the ground still laughing I feel carefree like everything as perfectly normal, but Inside I know I will never actually know that feeling. I stop laughing and get back up on my feet my side hurts a little. Zeke takes ahold of my arms, dragging me on top of him. I lay on his chest and Ezekiel is still somewhat chuckling.

"I needed that." Zeke said after a minute or so. He rubbed my back soothingly. "I need you." My eyes widen, is he serious? Or is he just tired? Probably, the latter.

"Are you tired?"

"Nope, wide awake. Why?" My stomach fills with butterflies and I feel like I'm floating.

"I need you too." I blush easily after I said that. Ezekiel kisses the top of my head, and soon after that we fall asleep on the floor.

------------------------------------