Chapter 12

Chapter 12~

      We finally get out of the collapsing house, but everyone still has a few scratches on them. I search around telling everyone to be very careful and quiet. I start moving them towards the east way part of the territory, where Jae and Riley live, when I hear three gunshots fire out. Instinctively, I throw my body in front of everyone to block the bullets from them. Then I notice that the bullets stopped in midair, as did everyone but Natalie and I. Natalie smiles proudly, and I raise an eyebrow.

"So, that's why you guys were kicked from your pack. Not because you were sick and risking everyone's health. Duh." I state. I can't believe I actually overlooked that. Natalie nods happily, and points at the guards behind us. I run up to them and quickly snap their necks and push them to the ground, though they fall like statues. I hurry and flick the bullets the other way, and get neck to Natalie once again. About a minute after that time unfreezes and everyone is confused seeing as two people died randomly in front of them.

"Well, that made my day a bit happier, in a sick twisted sort of way." Jae comments. Finally we reach the block that Jae and Riley live on. I run into Jae's house with him and Natalie holds Jacquelyn's hand when we saw Macy, Jae's mate, stuck to the wall. Coincidentally, that's the only one still up.

"Those bastard! They murdered her, they knew what they were doing. It wasn't even the bombs." Jae runs up and hugs Macy's dead body to him. Jae sobs into her shoulder, and falls to the ground cuddling her. Tears well up in my eyes. It's so weird to see him like this, it's bringing me so much pain. Jacquelyn and Natalie are patting Jae, but Jacquelyn is sobbing loudly. Macy was always at the pack house. She always came over with baked goods and the twins of course. When she was over she always took care of the girls, but Jacquelyn was by far her favorite out of the two of them. I look up and gasp immediately at the figure at the end of the hallway. Macy's shimmering figure motions me towards her. I walk to the end of the hallway to Macy and notice once again that the time has stopped.

"The children are still alive, but not for very long." She said her voice bringing tears to my eyes.

"How? People came in here and murdered you, I would assume the twins got murdered as well." Macy flinches when I mention the word she looks behind me at Jae on the ground.

"I knew they were coming somehow I just knew. I took the twins and hid them in an underground tunnel. Follow me, we don't have much time." There's an underground tunnel? I never knew that. Macy is moving fast, then again she is basically floating and is probably going fairly slow for me. I jog after her sidestepping the large hole in the floor. Macy passes through a burnt room. Walking into the room I notice it was their craft room. Macy stops in front of an old broken safe.

"How are they in there?? The safe is blown to pieces." I search for any small crevices that could show a small room.

"They aren't in there see the Light bulb in the corner hanging from the ceiling?" I look to the corner of the room and see a lightbulb, that's still hanging surprisingly from the ceiling, but is still shattered to pieces. "Take out the lightbulb metal and there should be a small metal box below it." I move towards the lightbulb and take out the metal swirl part and throw. I notice a little crevice where you could put your thumb in and open a panel. I stick my fingernail in and open it. There's two buttons inside of it.

"Which one do I press?" I ask, but Macy comes over anyway. She tries pressing the buttons, but her hand just moves through the buttons. She gets frustrated and stomps her foot.

"I don't want to be this way! Its 22112" She finally gives in, tears threatening to run down her cheeks. I press the second button twice and finish the rest. A sudden jerking noise scares me, and Macy moves towards the safe, now small metal door, and walks through the wall. I fall to the ground and crawl through the door. I look around the room and notice the two children in the corner covered in blood. Macy tries to pick them up, but her hands just go through them.