Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10~

Conner P.O.V

What just happened? Seriously what the hell just happened? Hormonal much? I'm so confused right now, does this mean I just lost my rank?

"Is she always like that?" Jackson looks at us with sympathy. Jae chuckles a bit before answering.

"Nah, not really. I've never seen her get so worked up over something so stupid. She was just acting like a total bitch."

"Dude, did you just get promoted?" I ask loudly.

"Shit, did I?" Jae chokes out, with horror in his eyes. I laugh at his expression. Jackson just stands there, probably wondering why we are acting as though that huge fight didn't happen. Seriously, did I? Jae questions through the mind link. I don't even care anymore man, take it. I tell him humorously. Jae laughs out loud and pats me on the back.

"Oh, you can have it." Jae tells me.

"I'm going to go, you want to come with me to Max." Jackson offers moving towards the doors to get farther back in these dungeons. I shrug and hurry to catch up with him..

Please get back to normal, Anastasia

Anastasia's P.O.V

            Please get back to normal, Anastasia. Conner's words rang in my head over and over. What do I think I'm doing? I shouldn't be listening in on his thoughts. Are I not already normal? Is something wrong with me? I don't even know if I'm acting worse than usual. I need to get a hold of myself. It's only been 2 days?! 2 days?! It feels like weeks. Wow, I can't believe it. 1 more day. Alpha Anastasia? A small voice questions quietly through the pack link.

 If I were talking to someone I surely wouldn't have heard it. Yes, who may this be? How strong you must be to reach out to me. I'm astonished at that. Young children, much less adult werewolves cannot break through my walls I put up. Natalie Barossa, what do you mean? Strong?   She didn't even know she did it? Interesting. So it took nothing out of her. She shouldn't be that powerful. She hasn't even shifted yet! Never mind, I will be up to talk to you in a few. Just as I was close to exit the dungeon I pass Amerella in her dungeon cell. She looked up as she had sensed me walking past.

"Why Anastasia? Why won't you just let me pass on? Why not just let me have peace, I hate feeling like this. I feel hopeless, lonely, depressed, and I always want to die. I have this deep craving inside of me. Help me, Anastasia. Just let me die! Just let me have the peace that I've always wanted." Amerella screamed. My eyes held tears. She's said worse before. Wait until she is in the right mind, then you can hear her out. Lilyan coaxed me. Amerella stared at me with lifeless eyes. I leave the room on the verge of tears. Good job, Anastasia. Lilyan complimented me. Thanks, Lilyan.

 I heighten my pace so I don't feel as suffocated by Amerella's statement. Does she really want that? Is she actually suicidal? Am I actually that self-centered to let her live without her mate? Now that I think about it, she never actually said she wasn't depressed. Why haven't I noticed this? I am the worst possible person ever.

I need to get out of here now. I finally reach the entrance to the dungeon. Moving at such a fast pace I didn't even realize I was alone in the forest. How did I get here? Alpha...where are you? I wish I could tell ya kid. I'm on my way soon. I sent through the link. I must have not noticed that I walked straight past the pack house. Shrugging, I head back to the pack house, but notice that somethings very off out here. Suddenly, black wolves had me surrounded.