Chapter 24

Ryan clutched onto Gia's hand as they walked through the park, like they usually did. Ryan was constantly nervous because he was afraid Toby would come kill him, he knew he would.

Gia hardly minds anymore, she had given up on caring, she had Ryan, that was all she needed. But she knew from the bottom of her heart, she loved Toby, more than Ryan.

"Gia?" Ryan sighed and she looked up at him, his nervous glance straight ahead. She follows his stare and her eyes widen.

She saw two boys, two boys she knew all too well, Brian and Tim, lay on the grass, just talking casually. She had a feeling they didn't know they were there.

"What now?" Ryan asked, not looking away. "Just ignore them" she mumbled pulling him along.

Tim noticed them from the corner of his eye and sat up, Brian doing the same. They felt slightly confused as to how Ryan and Gia spent there moments together. They figured they were a couple now.

They were definitely not going to alert Toby of this, Ryan wouldn't be alive if he found out.

Tim felt the urge to run up to them and hug them, he missed his friends, especially Gia, he surprisingly missed Toby's annoying pokes and attempts to annoy him. Ever since Gia left, he hadn't seen Toby smile once, he hardly talks.

Brian suddenly jolted up and sprinted towards them, going against Slenders wishes. He wraps his arms around Gia into a hug. She seemed surprised at first but quickly hugged him back, Tim soon following and joining the hug.

Ryan was pulled into it by Brian.

"Hey guys" Gia hummed, smiling into the embrace. "Hey" Tim sighed pulling away. They looked tired.

"How have you been?" Ryan smiled pulling Gia to his side. "We're just tired, ya know?" Tim chuckled, running his fingers through his hair, Brian eyeing Ryan.

"W-What a-abo-out y-you?" Brian asked, Gia felt slightly surprised, last time she spoke to him, he hardly stuttered at all.

"We're dating now, but I always feel nervous, Toby would kill me" Ryan chuckled, leaning his head on Gia's. "Nah, you don't need to worry, he, hardly comes near the city anymore" Tim's glance saddened.

"How is he?" Gia asked, Brian and Tim share nervous looks. "H-He's changed" Brian looks to the ground, biting his lip.

"What do you mean?" Ryan asked.

"We haven't seen him smile since that day, he hardly talks, we hardly ever see him in general" Tim looked up at Gia.

"W-We try t-to r-reach out t-to him b-but he d-denies us" Brian sighed.

"Oh..." Ryan sighed, Gia stayed silent. "He's more snapish and acts like his life is a living hell" Tim nodded.

"I wish I could see him" Gia mumbled mainly to herself.

____________

"I was just thinking" Ryan started and Gia looked over at him. "Would you like to move?" He asked and she frowned. "Out the country, definitely not" she chuckled and Ryan stood shaking his head.

"No, just away from here" he wrapped his arms around her waist and pecked her nose.

"I don't know" Gia looked away, biting her lip. "Just get away from all these, memories" he pressed his cheek against hers, swaying them back and forth.

"I'm not sure, I said to myself when I move, it'll be when I'm getting married" he sighed facing him.

"You'll most probably be marrying me hon, or if not, I'll be there" he connected his lips with hers. "Yeah, you'll be my brides maid" she laughed and he playfully glared at her.

"Oh haha, so funny I forgot to laugh" he rolled his eyes and she kissed him, passion built into the kiss.

"I love you Ryan" she mumbled into the kiss, and he smiled childishly. "I know, I love me too" he mumbled and she pulled away, slapping his chest playfully.

"Shut up" she moved away from him.

"No" he stuck his tongue out. She smiled, looking out the window, to the woods, a stray tear rolled down her cheek. Ryan wrapped his arms around her from behind, kissing the tear.

"Imagine you had only a hundred tears, don't waste 'em on memories, I love your beautiful face without them" he whispered into her ear sending shivers down her spine.

"He's doing worse than I am" she muttered, leaning into him. "I know, but I'm here, he doesn't have anyone, when he was upset, who did he come to? You, he wouldn't go to Tim and Brian. I bet he's punching a tree to control himself" Ryan exclaimed and Gia felt oddly offended.

"Watch it Ryan!" She pushed him back, he sighed. "You know it's true!" He remarked and she sighed, crossing her arms, looking out the window.

"Don't talk like that!" She snapped and he looked away. "Think about it, who else is he going to? He has no one!" Ryan suddenly declared.

"Shut up!" She rose her voice, Ryan opened hiss mouth but closed it again, staying quiet.

"Just leave me alone, please" she mumbled and he nodded turning and leaving the room, closing the door quietly. She smiled, he was such a sweetheart, he respected her.

She looked up and grabbed her things and left the room, hurrying down the stairs. "Gia?" Ryan called and she looked back at him.

"Where are you going?" He asked and she bit her

"Out" she smiled nervously and he stared at her as if she were an idiot. "Where. Are. You. Going?" He asked and she sighed giving him a look, he sighed.

"I don't that's a good idea" he exclaimed and she shrugged. "I need to see him Ryan, he needs me" she exclaimed. "He can hurt you, he can't control himself" Ryan rose his voice, surprising her.

"He won't!" She exclaimed and he chuckled in disbelief. "You don't know that" he snapped. "Neither do you!" She screamed, opening the door and walking out, slamming it behind her.

___________