Chapter 20

Toby stared out in the distance, his legs hanging over the ledge of the mountain, swinging them back and forth, his neck twitched every once in a while.

He had no emotion, he had no thought. He sighed and looked down, the distance of the ledge and the ground was massive. He didn't care if he falls, he hated himself.

"Toby?" He hears a voice behind him and he slowly looked back, seeing the male figure, staring at the white mask.

"Ryan?" He mumbled, his shoulder twitched making a cracking sound. "Hey friend" he nodded walking to him and sitting beside him. "You okay?" He asked, placing a hand on Toby's shoulder.

He sighed and shook his head, Ryan frowned, looking away, he knew Toby needed to see Gia but he couldn't. "I'll make a deal with you" Ryan exclaimed slowly looking back at him.

Toby looked at him, a hopeful glance on his face. "I was planning this for a while but I need to ask you before going at it" Ryan exclaimed and Toby rose an eyebrow leaning back slightly.

"I made arrangements for you and Gia to go somewhere, in surprise, I mean it's away from Slenders reach and you could spend a few days with her" Ryan mumbled a bit, scratching the back of his neck, the end of Toby's lips twitched up.

"Where?"

"Africa" Ryan let out a breathy laugh. "Why there?" Toby asked curiously. "She's always wanted to go" he shrugged and Toby smiled widely.

"You don't have to go if you don't want-" Ryan was cut of as Toby hugged him. He chuckled patting his back awkwardly.

"Thanks Cry" Toby chuckled pulling away and standing, reaching his hand down to Ryan, Ryan smiling and taking it.

_____________

(I know everything/most things about Africa and where they're going is to the South of Africa! There is more than one place situated in Africa people! How do I know, I'm from there)

"Gia?" Ryan called and she smiled up at him and she dragged her cases. "You ready?" He asked and she nodded vigorously giving him a huge hug.

"Get you away from here" he smiled taking her case and putting it in the car. She sighed, looking to the woods, she wished Toby was with her.

"What's the place called again?" She sighed and he laughed. "Sun City" (Blended, yes it is an actual place, in South Africa! Not just Africa)

"Nice" she nodded.

_____________

She smiled as they neared the giant building, the animals of Africa in the middle of the outside, before you entered the place.

It was warmer than she expected, she was interested in African history, the languages and traditions. "Welcome Madam, how may I help you?" A black man walked up to her, a huge smile on his face, she felt sorry for him, he had to smile, he had a strong African accent.

"Um I have this..." she trailed off, giving him a card Ryan instructed her to give.

He read it and smiled wider, looking up at her a showing her to follow.

He showed her to the room and opened the door for her, bringing in her luggage. She gasped in awe, it was large, royal red king sized bed and a few African bedding patterns on the walls.

She saw a letter on the end of the bed and picked it up and opened it, feeling confusion.

'Remember what I said
I love you,
Just close your eyes'

She did as said, feeling a pair of hands going over her closed eyes, she gasped slightly and placed her hands over theirs.

"Who is it?" She mumbled and they chuckled, sending shivers down her spine. "I'll give you a guess" Toby's smooth voice whispered into her ear and her jaw dropped as his hands left her eyes.

She opened them and turned around, her eyes widening as she saw Toby's chocolate brown eyes meet hers.

"Oh my god" she covered her mouth. "Hey" he smiled and she instantly wrapped her arms around him, pushing her lips against his.

Toby reacted quickly and wrapped his arms around her, bringing her close to him. "I love you too" Gia mumbled pulling away and resting her head on his chest.

He smiled resting his head on her head, feeling the happiest he's felt in forever. He began swaying from side to side, as if dancing with her to a certain song.

(If you need a tune, use Stolen Dance by Milky Chance, it describes their situation perfectly, if you don't know it, search it)

__________

(I was going to end it here but I thought, just a little longer)

"Have you ever touched an elephant?" Gia asked as she watched the animals move past. "Nope, or at least I don't remember it" Toby shrugged as he sunk in his seat, his arm around her.

"They speak weird here" Toby mumbled and she looked at him with a stupid look. "It's Africa, what do you expect?" She exclaimed.

"South Africa, actually" the tour guide exclaimed and Gia laughed at him. "Thank you" she looked at Toby and he shrugged.

"What languages do you speak Itswele?" Gia asked the guide and he hummed leaning back. "Xhosa, Afrikaans, Zulu and English" he exclaimed and they rose their eyebrows at him. "That's from this country of course" he added.

"Speak Afrikaans" Toby asked and Itswele rose his eyebrows at him. "I heard those other languages already.

"Okay, Waarvan is julle mense? Is dit jou eerste tyd hier by Suid-Afrika?" He said and Toby stayed silent, as if trying to figure out what he had said.

"It mean, where are you people from? Is it your first time in South Africa?" He exclaimed and they nodded.

"It's very beautiful here" Gia hummed and Itswele laughed. "You've only seen the best parts, the rest isn't as great" he shook his head and Toby tilted his head questionably.

"It's quite dangerous in general, a lot of racism, poverty, unemployment" he sighed and Gia frowned. "The government should take care of that?" Toby asked leaning forward.

"You mean the ANC?" He chuckled. "The head is Jacob Zuma, he's our president" Itswele chuckled shaking his head and Gia leaned more, interested.

"Why do you hate him?" Toby asked. "He used our tax money, meant for the poor and hungry, and used it to build his 25 billion Rand house" Itswele stated.

(Rand is the money we use)

"Damn" Toby gasped looking at Gia, his shoulder twitching.

"Yep, but what can we do? But this is the beauty of our country" he stood as the elephant came by. Gia reached out and touched it's rough skin, Toby doing so too.

_________

Just what I said, for fun, a true South African fact. I made none of it up.