Shift

Taking the stairs two at a time Jackson made it to his bedroom within moments, or should I say our bedroom since I've been trying to stay here at least a few nights a week hoping to at least sleep next to him, only to wake up with his side of the bed still cold and empty.

Looking up from were I buried my head in his chest, I saw that he already had two Enforcer's, Vincent and Cole I believe, standing on guard.

Without hesitation Cole reached out and opened the doors so Jackson could pass by with ease. (Blood Moon Pack is on full lock down. No one is to be found roaming around outside, unless other wise instructed by myself, Marcel or Rene.) Jackson growled into his fully opened pack link, warning all the wolves in the pack.

(Marcel handle the intruder until I get there.) he added with a snip after closing off his link to just his Beta, Third and for some reason me, which I was surprised since he had been blocking me out of his thoughts and keeping his guard up when he does talk to me, well since this whole Kian situation began. (Alpha.) Marcel quickly agreed.

(Rene I want a full head count of all the wolves we have in the outer part of our territory as well as the pack house, with increased patrols on our borders and triple up the guards on the Pack House and Alpha Mansion.) Jackson continued to snarl out commands as he carried me toward the kitchen placing me on the counter and turning me so my legs were sitting inside the sink. (Right away Alpha.) Rene responded instantly.

(Lorcan?) he called out to his cousin/brother in a some what calmer tone, as he bent down and pulled out a first aid kit from under the kitchen sink and opened it, removing items he believed he needed. (Alpha?) Lorcan answered in a cautious and hesitant tone. Jackson clenched his jaw and hung his head at his standoffish response.

(I want a progress report on Daniella and I want you to track what direction that rogue came from, see if it leads us to more wolves waiting for another chance to attack.) Jackson hissed out rogue as a growl rumbled in his chest. (Right away.) Lorcan reassured with relief, (track the rogue first, take several Enforcers and a few warriors with you.) (Done.) Lorcan breathed sounding happy that Jackson wanted, needed his help.

Reaching out to take the peroxide from him, since he was busy trying to handle this shitty Pack situation with the rogue who managed to make it over the wall. Yet before I could get my hands on the bottle, he snapped his head toward me growling his protest.

Flinching back at his hostility, I took in his whole stance, seeing that his tall, muscular frame was flexed and tense, his electric blue eyes were black as night as they narrowed their gaze at me.

Cowering back from the Alpha power that was pulsating off of him, I held back the urge to snap at him for forcing his power on me. That was one of the things I was not going to like about this whole mate bond, regardless of my own Alpha blood pumping through my veins, being Jackson's mate and him being the Alpha of our pack gave his Alpha stature more power and control over me, not that I felt him or his power to often these last few weeks and it was never directed only at me, not like it was right now at this moment.

"Jackson?" whimpering while my whole body tried to submit to him under the power he was pushing at me. Is he upset that we tried to protect the pack? Athen questioned just as confused as I was with his anger at us. 'I'm not sure.'

Turning his black eyes from staring at me, he gentle grabbed my mangled leg and propped it on the edge of the counter, with my calf still hovering over the sink. "You disobeyed a direct order." he hissed leaning down to look at the four long, jagged claw marks raked down my calf to my ankle.

"I.." opening my mouth to argue his point, only to snap my mouth shut from the intense glare he shot toward me.

I don't know what was going on, but this aggressive, angry side of him had my body on fire aching for him to take me, right here on the counter. Touch him.., I miss touching him Athen purred with longing.