Shattered

(Jackson)

Once we were settled into the hummer, I adjust Elena in my arms so that she would be more comfortable. Despite the fact that I just shot her up with a sedative, I still wanted my little mate to be comfortable.

Grimacing at my own dramatic actions, forcing me to take drastic action to keep my mate in my territory and at my side. Letting out a deep sigh, I gazed down at her beautiful face and told myself it was worth it.

Was it... she's never going to trust us now Valk snarled disapprovingly. 'If it means keeping her here... Safe with me, I would do it again... in a heartbeat.' repling in a calm, determined tone.

The drive back was silent, my men adjusted uncomfortably since I chose to sit in complete silence as I stared down at my Elena. Taking in all her gorgeous features, committing everything I could about her to memory. Don't hate us, please... please. Valk pleaded in a whimper over and over as he drank in her stunning features.

We pulled up to the Alpha mansion and shuffled awkwardly out of the vehicle, since I refused to let Elena leave my arms, especially for another to hold her for me.

"Secure the property... double up the guards on the perimeter. She's not getting away again." snarling in a quiet, menacing tone.

"Of course Alpha." Marcel nodded in understanding, before heading off to carry out my commands.

"Rene inform my parents that I've returned with my Luna and that I'll be over in the morning to discuss the matter... Not tonight." trying to keep my voice down. He simply nodded before heading toward the house.

"Come on love... let's get you to bed." snuggling her close to me, burying my nose into her hair, inhaling her mouth-watering scent. Letting it wash over me, relieving the stress and rage and fear that's been gripping me since she ran two days ago.

Tightening my hold on her possessively, vowing to never let her leave me again, I stocked purposely toward the pool house.

                    ***********

Glancing out the window, I noticed that the sun was finally starting to come up. Stretching out my sore back from sleeping in this horribly uncomfortable lounge chair, I don't care if Elise loved this chair, I was burning it to ash. Standing I twisted my back, hearing it pop and crack in protest.

Sighing, I hesitantly made my way toward the bed that my beautiful mate was still out cold on. Gently, I lowered myself to sit next to her, making sure to not jolt her as the bed adjusted to my added weight.

Reaching up, I tucked a loose strain of her beautiful brown hair behind her ear, allowing my finger to linger for just a moment on her soft cheek.

"Please don't hate me... I just couldn't bare the idea of losing you." whispering as I prayed to the Goddess that she would hear my plea. I hope she hears you. 'I hope so to.'

I had been silently praying the same words over and over through out the night to the Moon Goddess as I watched over my breathtaking mate. Every single sigh, whimper and slight movement from her had me on high alert as my heart clenched in my chest, waiting for her to wake up and unleash her anger on me.

Yet she stayed in a deep, chemically enhanced sleep. If it weren't for the few sounds she made or the smallest of movements here or there, I would have been worried I shot her up with to high of a dosage.

I wasn't sure how long I had sat there staring at Elena, not until I noticed sun light making it's way cross the bed spread. Casting my eyes to the window, I realized that it was nearing mid-morning.