Not so Innocent

(Elena)

"Your favorite?" Jackson's husky yet still silky voice questioned, pulling me from my thoughts as I stared at the lilies spread throughout my mother's garden.

I hadn't even realized that I had dazed off, wondering what my mother would have thought about me finding my destined mate. Wondering what her insight or advise would be about having Jackson, The Blood Alpha's son as my mate.

I had always been so dead set against Mates and the whole idea that our Goddess had already chosen someone for us, but the moment I locked eyes on Jackson's gorgeous icy, light blue eyes, I couldn't stop myself from feeling that automatic connection. From instantly being pulled to him, wanting him... needing him. I couldn't deny the overpowering pull toward him.

"Excuse me?" Looking up into his handsome face.

Oh WOW! He looks a lot like his father, subconsciously I flinch back feeling myself tense up, especially thinking about the Blood Alpha. He seemed just as displeased as my own father about Jackson and I discovering we were Mates.

Jackson furrowed his brow, looking slightly hurt by my reaction to him. Oh your making him feel bad... comfort our mate Athen whimpered gazing up at Jackson. 'Please stop... it's not him it's his father and mine. How will this work for us, especially with them hating each other so much?' He is our other half promised by our beloved Goddess... Elena please, please don't give up on this..., we need him just as much as he needs us she pleaded with me to understand.

"The Star Gazers lilies..., are they your favorite?" he gestured toward the lilies as we slowly walked pass, ignoring my horrible reaction which I was extremely thankful for.

"Yes..., they are." once again glancing up at him, this time with a huge smile on my face, completely impressed that he knows the kind of flowers we have in my mother's garden, let alone the specific name.

Slowly I start to feel myself becoming more and more relaxed just being with him. I was actually enjoying and relishing in being here, so close to him. Surprised at how quickly I felt comfortable and even safe with Jackson.

"What?" smirking back at me, maneuvering me gracefully out onto the dance floor as the DJ starts a slow song which just happened to be one of my favorites, Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum.

"Nothing...," shaking my head, trying to hid the grin that seemed to be permanently plastered to my face. "It's just not many people..., especially men know a lot of flowers by name, except maybe roses." biting my lip, staring up into his incredibly handsome face.

Gently I place my left hand on his broad shoulder as he reaches out with his right hand, resting it on my slim waist before gripping it firmly in his palm. Our other hands instantly clasp together as we slowly start to move to the melody of the song.

"I'm not like most men, love." smirking at me once again, which looks so damn sexy on this gorgeous man.

No, he is not Athen drools totally impressed, beyond obsessed with him already 'calm down' hissing at her, even though I had to completely agree with her please you felt that rush of pleasure when he called us love too rolling my eyes I tried to ignore her, yet not denying it at all.

"Really." raising my eye brows to him, feeling very flirtatious with him.

"Really." raising his eye brows back at me. "But I can't take to much credit for the flowers." narrowing my gaze on him, if he mentions any other woman other then his mother I might not be able to control myself or Athen for that matter. "My twin sister Elisa, she loves flowers..., all kinds especially lilies." smiling he tightens his grip on my waist, pulling me tighter against his muscular form sending a new wave of tingling throughout me.