Into The Darkness.

My heart skipped a beat,

All the memories, all the happy moments, bad moments, how we dodged them and still tried to say happy and this? Many why's were yet to be answered, many misunderstandings were there to be resolved. I was thinking... And thinking

I was at the same place for hours, the time passed 9 pm, now it was 11 pm. My phone rang,

"Hey, sorry I know it's too late, but what can I do? My exams are also going on. I have to study hard and make you proud. Meet me in fifteen minutes near my building. Love you.", Tanya messaged me. I got up, got ready, and went.

Tanya stayed nearby. It would hardly take ten minutes from my building. I was blank, I just wanted things to be finished and sorted in other hands.

It was like either I become Ram or become Ravann.

I took the keys of my bike, My phone again rang just before I was about to start my bike.

"Hey there buddy, Kaushal here, got a good news for you my friend. Do you remember Akruti? The girl I told you about? We are dating. Reply me ASAP." It was a text message from my old friend Kaushal. I was happy for him, finally one chapter got over in his life. May be I want to see him just after I finish my business with Tanya.

I reached in time and there wasn't any sign of Tanya. May be knew I always mess upcoming early. Tanya came finally, but it already crossed 12 o'clock and so our dear anniversary was over.

"I know it's late. Please don't get mad at me. I want to tell you something. Something important. Purposely I came after 12 o'clock. There is a reason for it. Rehan........ I love him. I love Rohit. I want to be with him Rehan. I want to break up. Rohit seems more deserving.", Tanya looked firm but she didn't know about Rohit. Playing with girls like this was his normal routine. Even I didn't want to be with a girl who doesn't even know how who is! But on the other hands, I should save her. May be I should have saved here,

"Tanya, thanks you for telling this before I could just slap you for betraying me. May you have a great regretful life.", That was the last time I made a strong eye contact with that girl whom I known as Tanya. I started my bike and went. Left her alone. May be I stood there and my heart went. It was time to go for me too.

I felt pain in my heart, I was not able to drive, I parked it and set on the nearby bench. I cried, cried like hell. Like it was the last day to live, cried like I lost my everything back there. I was remembering old memories and kept on crying.

But on second thought, it was a deciding moment in my life. Like I said to be like Ram or to become Ravann!

I was sure of something worse is coming towards me.

There was a bar nearby. I went there. Thought this may help me. But same there, couples everywhere. I took a bottle of Whisky and thought of spending the whole night in road drinking. That is what I was doing that night. Drinking, crying, laughing, looking at the sky.

The next day I found myself on road, half awake, the sound of traffic woke me up. I needed a shower badly. I went home. All were worried about me. Tanya was also there at my home with some of my friends. I was out the whole night. May be my parents called them up. I was surrounded with many questions by everyone. I ignored all and went for a shower. Yelling of my mom was continuous. I stood still under the shower. The pain inside me was still there as it is. My eyes were red. Like I just cried and instead blood came out.

I had my breakfast, my mom was still yelling at me as I was not answering to anyone. My friends were looking at me like they have not seen me like this before. Tanya was staring at me.

Even I was blank inside. I was tying my shoes. Now everyone was getting angry and clueless that what am I doing and why was I doing that.

"Ask Tanya about it.", by saying this I left.

I called my few more friends if they were free, one of my friend Sohail was free and called me at his place. Sohail is really a rich person, obviously it was all because of his dad, but he also joined him as well in his family business after getting dropped from college.

"Rehan meet me at The Elbo room in an hour", Sohail suggested one of the famous pub in Mumbai.

"There is a lot to talk about, meet me as soon as possible.", I replied as I was unable to hold it inside.

After an hour me and Sohail met, he brought his girlfriend Rita with him. Perfect! Could not get any better than this. He introduced me to his girlfriend,

"Rita meet my schoolmate Rehan. Who has still kept a good bond and I guess he is the only one with whom I am in contact with from school batch. He is special", Sohail looked happy, maybe because I met him after a long time or because he got a girlfriend to introduce,

" Nice to meet you Rehan.", Rita told me. She really had a good eye contact, I was doing this after a long time,

"I remember a Shayari I would like to tell!", I said, "You have your space to speak.", Rita looked impressed so was Sohail.

" Aap Ko Dekh Kar Dekhta He Reh Gaya,

Kya Kahu Aur Kehne Ko Kya Reh Gaya."

They both looked impressed and exclaimed, because I had a strong eye contact with Rita at that time, I was having some weird feeling inside like I wanted to do something bad or I don't know what was it.

We three had fun that day, I told them about me and Tanya, as usual consolation dialogues started. In-between whenever I was looking at Rita, she was looking at me in a really weird sense.

I had fun mainly, which I forgot to do in the past few months.

We were ready to leave, Rita asked for my number!

Sohail asked why would she need my number anyway?

Rita said in case if he is busy and she needs some good company? It was really strange, like why would someone in the first meet wants my number? Sohail gave it to her, I checked my mobile! Damn, there were so many missed calls from home, Tanya, my friends!

I remember when I left what I said.

"I want to meet you. -Tanya".