The Good In Us.

I almost forgot that I had to call Kaushal. I hope his old number still works. I searched in my contact list and I found him. I messaged him first to make sure that his number still worked or not. But even after waiting for hours Kaushal didn't reply. This was going to take my balance may be. I called it a day and went to sleep. It was really a tiring day for me as I did a lot things and roamed like hell! I was really tired and my phone beeped.

It was Janvi's message, It said 'Thank you' with a heart symbol. I love to leave a good impression and make someone smile like real smile which I didn't do for months now. All I cared was of my smile. But that is what at the end matters right? If someone is happy that you did something, but from that you are not! This is unfair.

I replied, 'I'll see you tomorrow. Good night' Even I sent a heart symbol. But was it really meant to be? Like you even I questioned myself. The question was one, but answers were many. I lay back in bed and started thinking about it. Again, same confusion came up. But the condition was different. I did not feel this from any girl I slept. Except Riya! But her case was different too. Or maybe I was thinking too much for no good. Yes, I should go with the flow right now and let the decision take its place at the right time.

For now my main worry was not this. But it was that will I get my friend back? After that, he also didn't try to contact me or maybe he was busy in a relationship and it replaced me too! I slept thinking all this nonsense.

I woke up as the alarm beeped. This is the worst part of the day and a way to start a day. We all hate this moment. I got freshened up and checked my phone. There were two missed calls and one message. The message was from Janvi and one missed call from Janvi as well. Then another missed call was by Kaushal! I was glad about his response. At least he did not ignore me. It wasn't right time to call him as I won't be able to talk much for a moment. So I decided to call him afterwards and complete my morning works.

After that I had to pick up Janvi as my mom had some work with her. I went to see her. As soon I reached there again that thought came in my mind! What was my plan ahead and why was I doing this. I wasn't so sober before. What was I chasing again? Still, when the thought of Rohit and Tanya comes into my head, I feel some weird sensation inside. Like I just don't want to stop whatever I was doing.

Soon Janvi came down with her bags,

"Are you planning to leave?", I said with shocking expression on my face.

"No, I'm shifting in your house for two days. I received a call from your mom in the morning.", She said with a smile. I don't know, but there was something with this smile.

"Okay! That is great. Let me help you with your bags. Give me.", I took the bags from her hand and put them in the boot space. After completing the formalities in the hotel we left to go back home.

"I'm glad you came to pick me. I was wondering when you'll come back. I called you too, but you didn't pick up.", She said applying moisturizer on her hands.

"Actually, I wake up late. I mostly forget to call back. I'm sorry.", I said with a focus on her body language. It was a different attraction I felt towards her.

"It's okay.", Janvi said.

The thoughts inside my head were continuous. It was taken over and here I could not do anything. I drove a little faster as even I didn't know how fast I was going. Janvi gave me a look and then I got in my senses. In the mean time I shook my head twice to concentrate on the road.

As soon as we reached I told her to go up and settle down and I had some work to complete.

"Okay, no problem, Just help me to bring these bags.", Janvi said.

I helped her with those bags and got down quickly after. I bought a cigarette and lit it. My fingers were shivering by thinking what I have become from where. I came too far from my mission. It was complete long back ago when I had one.

But still the pain inside remained. Maybe it was stitched with me now.

"Humne ilaj e zakhme dil toh dhoondh liya lekin,

Gehre zakhmo ko bharne main waqt toh lagta hai"

I murmured.

I threw the cigarette and went back. I called Kaushal,

"Hello? Kaushal?", I said.

"No, I'm her girlfriend Akruti. Kaushal is in the bathroom. I'll tell him to call you back. What is your name?", Akruti said.

"I'm Rehan. Tell him to call me as soon as he gets free. No hurry.", I hung up before she could say anything. It was really very awkward moment for me so I had no option despite of ending it.

I went upstairs and saw my mom and Janvi talking, more of gossiping. Janvi saw me and blinked like it was something sparkling in her eyes.

I got inside my room to change my clothes and saw there was a real mess in my room. Janvi had her bag unpacked it was all over my bed. I tried to make some space for me. So I moved a few things aside and I found a photograph of her in black and white print. She was leaving in two days. Maybe I should keep this photograph. I hid it inside my closet and changed my clothes.

My mom said to deliver few things in particular addresses,

"Mom are you starting a business of ornaments? Like Janvi?", I wondered.

"Yes, with her I'm sharing this business. You can take her with you if you want. Be quick. This is our first customer.", Mom said.

Janvi held my hand and brought me in a corner away from Mom!

"Rehan I want to tell you something. Please don't react the same way like you did yesterday."