Chapter 22

Emma.

It's weird sleeping in my own bedroom, not having Lacey beside me, I wanted her to stay, more than anything I wanted to ask her to lie down and stay with me, but we both knew that she couldn't.

Christina was gleaming when I told her I would be staying for a few days, her face also held confusion but she decided to hold her tongue, I guess she didn't want to pry.

Josh was also happy, he hasn't left my side since, Literally he is in bed with me right now fast asleep against my chest, I guess I don't have a choice but to stay in his life now, he has already grown attached, I've kind of gotten attached to him too, even though I tried to refrain myself, it didn't work out very well.

I glance over at my window a sigh falling from my lips as I continue to fail at falling asleep, who would have fault that I would become dependent on having my arms wrapped around my teacher to fall asleep.

I pick my phone up from my stomach, sliding across the screen to unlock it and open my messages.

*I already regret my decision, do you know how hard it is to sleep without you?*

I recieve a reply literally seconds later.

*Not sure how hard it is to sleep without me, but I know how hard it is to sleep without you, I am going to look terrible tomorrow because I am not going to get any sleep*

*You could never look terrible, you're always stunning* I respond with a small smile.

*Always the charmer, I am rolling my eyes*

I grin as I see her message and wait patiently as the little bubble pops up on the screen again telling me that she is writing a message.

*I'm scared* My heart constricts as I read that message, and my face falls.

*What are you scared of?*

*That someone is watching me right now* She replies after a minute making me more anxious waiting for it.

*Are your curtains shut?* I ask not really knowing what to say.

*It was the first thing I done when I got home, I made sure every single window was covered up, My neighbours probably think that I am crazy*

*You are a little crazy, but you have nothing to be scared of baby, nothing is going to happen* I try to reassure her.

*Will you stay with me?*

*What do you mean?*

*Sleep with me on the phone?*

A huge smile spreads across my face when I read that text and I quickly dial her number.

"Hey" She whispers softly into the phone causing my heart to flutter.

"Hey" I reciprocate.

"I miss you" She mumbles softly.

"I miss you too"

"I feel safe now" Lacey yawns softly and I try not to giggle as to not wake the young boy sleeping next to me.

"Sleep beautiful" I smile.

"Don't hang up"

"I won't" I shake my head softly as if she could see me.

"Okay goodnight"

"Goodnight Miss Harding" I smirk as I say it.

"Emma" She groans and I giggle.

"Goodnight baby"

"Goodnight" She reciprocates.

I put the phone on speaker and lay it next to my ear on the pillow listening to her slow breathing, closing my eyes slowly it's as if she's actually here with me.