Chapter 6: This Just Got Interesting!

Terra's POV:

I stared at the two as they hugged. I was so tempted, I couldn't stop myself from yelling, "ATTENTION EVERYBODY! JAX FINALLY HAS A GIRLFRIEND! I REPEAT, JAX FINALLY HAS A-" I was cut off by Jason's hand covering my mouth. "Girl, shut up!" I started laughing.

We were in the middle of an Alaskan forest teaching Kala how to control her powers. "Okay, we need to get you embarrassed somehow, or nervous." John said. "Ooh, I know!" I shouted. Everyone turned and looked at me. Everyone knew I was all about drama, so I knew they all expected that, but I had a better idea. I could also make her angry..... "Okay Kala, this might hurt, but summon the fire again." She listened, and I got out my rocks. "Wait, what are you-" she asked. I flung a rock at her. She blasted it. I threw a small one at her stomach, and it hit her. It was kinda big, big enough to knock the wind out of her. She stumbled back and got mad. "You really had to hit me with a rock?!" She yelled. I heard Jason whisper to John. "Uh oh!" I turned around and directly in my face, in a perfect line, was fire. I sighed

"Hey, at least it worked!" Jax said as we walked on, my face still burning. We kept on walking until Kala stopped dead in her tracks. "What's wrong?" I asked. Her eyes grew wide. "I see smoke!" She pointed to the gray clouds. We all ran over to the smoke as fast as we could until we saw what happened.

Jax's POV:

We all stood horrified as we stared at the village. All that was left of it were ashes. And through the smoke, we could all see the thing we didn't want to deal with.

The Beast

We all huddled around in a circle behind a little hill. "Okay, Kala and Terra, you go behind one of the houses that are left. Jason and I will distract him. John, you stand at the top of this hill. Got it?" I asked after I explained the strategy. Everyone nodded their heads, and went into their places. My heart was pounding when I heard Jason yell, "over here, you stupid fat beast!" He turned around in an instant, and started using all of his powers. We quickly and skillfully dodged them. I shot ice at his feet and hands, but it didn't really last that long. Soon, I heard Kala and Terra behind me, and I saw Kala shoot fire at the Beasts face. She has pretty good aim. I thought. I saw Jason fly back as he was knocked back by one of the Beasts powers.

I kept going, ducking, dodging, shooting, repeat. I caught a glimpse of Terra flinging rocks at the Beast. Then, out of no where, water was flowing around us. I instantly knew it was John. But as I looked up, I sighed. I saw golden dust slowly floating down. "Guys, watch out!" I yelled and they looked up. They knew what it was and backed away. I was surprised Kala knew what it was, but that was for another time.

When it got in the water, I knew that would make John sleepy. I saw him wobbling slowly at the top of the hill. Jason was soon by his side walking him down holding him up. By the looks of it, Jason was a little tired too. He shot his wind slowly at the dust, and Kala shot fire at it. It turned into a fiery dust that hit the Beast. He indeed started wobbling, but then his face brightened. For the first time, he started to talk. "You kids are smart, but no one can defeat me!" He laughed menacingly and black dust started to flow from behind him. "Fall back!" Kala yelled, and we all did.

It was getting closer to us. Once it covers someone, they become evil. That's what everyone was worried about. I looked back, but it was gone. I was relieved. But I wasn't that relieved anymore as I looked around. Kala was looking around sleepily. Oh no. I thought. I ran over to her and saw Terra running away slowly. There was only one way to do this. "Kala," I was getting tired too. "we need to combine our powers to stop him." She nodded, and we did so. The dust got in our powers, but I just wanted this to be over. It made a big explosion, and the Beast disappeared, traveling to another place to destroy with one life missing. We started to stumble our way to the others. "C-can you walk?" I asked. She attempted to say no, but failed. She fell in my arms, which made it harder for me to walk. I saw the others running towards us, and I felt someone dragging me. I couldn't even walk, so I just gave up. I'm glad we defeated him anyway, and it just lasted for a while, so I let sleep take over.

John's POV:

I saw Kala and Jax starting to fall, so I ran over to them and helped them up. Terra and Jason came too. I started to drag Jax with Jason...... Wow, there are a lot of J's in our group. Haha. I thought. Terra grabbed Kala and we headed to a spot that was sheltered in the woods. I felt Jax go completely limp and stopped to look back. "Ha, he fell asleep. That was easy." Jason said. "Yea, that was a lot of that dusty stuff, cause that is exactly what Kala is doing. She's even snoring!" Terra exclaimed and we laughed.

We put Kala and Jax down on some blankets. Fortunately, we managed to grab as much as we could before the car fell down the cliff, thanks to Jax and his other power. We also got a tent. I have no idea how a tent got in the back of the car. "Guys, I just realized something." Terra said. We all turned to look at her. "Jax is ice, and Kala is fire. How's this gonna work. They are basically each others weaknesses." We all stared at the ground for a moment. Then I broke the silence. "Well, then we are going to have to help them."