Chapter 7: Jax Talks in His Sleep

Unknown POV:

The only thing I could see was darkness. I could hear no sound.

Nothing.

I felt weak. Too weak for me. But I knew that soon, I would be the most powerful creature in the world once I came back. Like I said, no one can defeat me. I started to laugh. It was an evil laugh. "Soon, the world will be destroyed, and I will rule it." I whispered to myself.

Kala's POV:

I woke up in a tent. It was dark, and I could feel someone beside me. I turned to see who it was. I laughed. It was Jax, and he was talking. "No, don't do this to me. Don't take it......" I laughed even harder. I was a little confused when I saw that no one else was in the tent. Wait, how did we even get a tent in the first place? I thought, but then forgot about it and crawled out of the tent. I saw John, Jason, and Terra sitting around a fire. "You guys could've just tried to wake me so I could light the fire." They all turned and looked at me. Terra smiled. "Oh look, it's Mrs. Henderson guys!" I stared at her for a moment, then summoned my fire. "Do you WANT your face to be burned for the second time, Terra?" I asked. They all started laughing. I sat down next to her, and she scooted over a bit. I looked at her again. "Hey, I don't want to be burnt!" I giggled, but it soon stopped when my head started to hurt. In fact, it felt like it was splitting open.

They all stared at me. Even Jax came out and was looking at me. "Kala, you alright?" Jax asked. I couldn't even talk. Then, it hurt even more. I screamed in pain and laid down. I saw Jax run over to me and the others crowded around. "Kala? Kala what's wrong!" Jax's voice was muffled. Then, I heard someone else. A voice I didn't recognize.

"Well Kala, seems like something's wrong?" The voice said. I had no idea what was going on. "What's going on? Who are you?!" I asked. It laughed. "Oh nothing, just here to posses you." I was terrified. "What?! No please! Don't hurt them!" It was too late. He forced my body up and started walking toward my friends. The corners of my vision were blurry and orange. I couldn't control my body. I saw myself running towards Jax. I saw his mouth gap open and it looked like he was screaming and asking questions. Then, I was shooting fire. I tried to stop him. "How's it feel to see your friends suffer right in front of you?!" He yelled. It kept going, and I saw all of them gaining up on me. I saw the hurt in Jax's eyes. He didn't want to hurt me.

I knew he had to do it. He shot his ice at me and I screamed in pain. Tears started streaming from my eyes. "I'll be back soon, Kala Greenfield!" He shouted and soon, he was gone. My vision started coming back, the ice against me hurt more than ever, my head didn't hurt anymore, and my heart was pounding. I fell down. Jax ran over too me. "Kala! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?!" His words were echoing. I was dizzy and really confused. I was still crying. The dizziness went away soon and the sounds of the world started coming back to me. I could here my own crying and feel Jax hugging me. Everyone else's eyes had tears in them. They were scared and worried about me.

We laid there for a while. Finally, Jax stopped hugging me. "Kala, I'm so sorry, it was the only thing I could do. I was so worried and I didn't want to hurt you and-" I cut him off. "Jax," I whispered. "it's ok, I forgive you. You were trying to save us, and you did. Thank you." We smiled and he helped me sit up.

After calming down, I knew I had to tell everyone what happened. "Okay, I was just sitting outside and this huge migraine just came into my head. I started to hear a voice." I started. "We know, we all heard you talking to it. You were talking out loud." Jason said. I shrugged and kept going. "Anyway, it knew my name, and it asked me what was wrong. Then when I asked it who it was and what it was doing, it said it was possessing me. And yes, it was a boy. After that, I couldn't control anything. He started shooting fire at Jax, and Jax's ice scared it. He said he would be back." I finished. Everyone looked around at each other. "Well, maybe we have to be more cautious." Jason said. We all just stared at him. John finally broke the silence again. "It's getting late, maybe we should go to bed, we have another big day tomorrow." We all nodded. "Are whole lives are probably going to be big and busy." Terra mumbled. We all piled into the tent and got into our beds.

Jax's POV:

Yesterday was a really big day. The car, The Beast, and the voice inside Kala's head. I think that was the worst part for me. I had to HURT Kala!. I hated that. But today is today, so we have to put that behind us. I woke up the rest of the group and we all packed up our things and started walking. "Wait for me!" John called. I looked around for him until I saw his head behind some bushes. I put my hand on my forehead and Terra started laughing.

When John finished going to the bathroom, we officially started our journey to the next place. "Did anyone get the tracker from the car?" I asked. Jason raised his hand, which had the tracker in it. I took it from him. "Thanks." I told him. I turned it on and looked for the huge red dot. After searching for a while, I finally found it. Once I saw where he was, I groaned. "Where is he?" Kala asked. Everyone looked at me.

"He's in Maine......"