Chapter 16: California

Jax's POV:

My back was getting warmer and warmer by the second, and soon, it was burning. I screamed in pain. "Jason stop!" I heard Kala say. I turned around to him blasting fire at me. I tried to move but couldn't. The pain was making me frozen. I thought I was going to die again.

At the last minute, Kala melted the bars of the cage and blasted Jason with fire, sending the little black ghost fleeing into the wood, setting trees on fire. I rubbed my back. "Uh, thanks Kala." I thanked her. She nodded and smiled.

Emerald's POV:

We had made a camp where we had stopped the last time. When Kala told us that our next stop was California, she was really excited. "My dream has always been to travel to Cali! I want to enjoy the hot sun and walk along the beach!"
"Well remember," Terra started, "we still need to fight a huge monster, you know." Kala looked down, disappointed. "Oh yea."

"Oh, uh, Kala. I need to talk to you for a sec." Jax said. Kala followed him behind some trees. "Hm, I wonder what he's up to?" I said, trying to look behind the trees. Terra started laughing and John rolled his eyes. Henry just smiled. "I know what he's doing."

Ten minutes later they came back to the camp. They were smiling and their eyes were sparkling. "What did you guys talk about?" Terra asked, raising her eyebrows. "Well..... Jax asked me out!" Kala said cheerfully. We all looked at each other. We were glad, but confused. Their going to go on a date now? How? "You guys are going now? How are you gonna do that? Everyone hates us!" John exclaimed. Jax laughed nervously. "Ha, didn't think of that one. Well, we can do it when this whole mess is over, alright Kala?" Kala nodded. "Hey, at least you guys are going to go on a date after this." Henry stated. "If we survive." He added silently.

After that night, Henry and I got John, Jax, Kala and started to fly to California.

"Guys, I don't know about you, but I'm starving!" Terra yelled. Jax rolled his eyes. "Emerald, can we stop at a restaurant or something? We can hide our identities somehow." I nodded and flew down to a little town. There was a bunch of stores, thankfully a costume store.

We walked to the restaurant with wigs, fake eye glasses, and mustaches. The girls put makeup on and the boys had mustaches with sunglasses. As we walked into the restaurant, our costumes earned us a few stares, but no one recognized us. We got our table and ordered our food quickly.

After we ate, Henry had to find a bathroom, and we were on our way.

I was yawning by the time we got to California. Apparently, the Beast decided to pick the coldest place in the state, while it was snowing. "Ugh, snow. Why do we have to be here?!" Kala complained. "Calm down." Jax told her, twirling in the snow. "It's called Mammoth. It has warm temperatures in the summer and cold temperatures in the winter. The other parts of Cali are just to hot." Kala grunted and Jax started laughing. "Guys, can we please find somewhere to stay? I'm really tired." I said while yawning again. Everyone nodded in agreement.

We rented a log cabin for the night and made sure we got good sleep for tomorrow's battle. And soon, the Beast would only have two lives left.

It was the day of the battle and everyone was practicing. "We're gonna kick that ugly monster's butt!" John said and I started laughing. "Anyway, where even is he?" I asked as we felt the ground beneath us rumble. We all turned around and saw him. "Right there." Kala said quietly. We quickly followed the plan we came up with the night before.

John and Terra circled him as a distraction. Henry and I lifted Kala and Jax up. They combined their powers to make an explosion and make The Beast weaker. We put them on the ground and got ready for the portal to open. We waited and waited, but the portal didn't open. "Guys, somethings wrong!" I called to the rest. Then, I heard an explosion above me.

I looked up and saw it. A bunch of people came down from the portal. I fought with people who had the same power as me and more. I saw the others doing the same thing.

John's POV:

All of the people came out from the portal. I looked at Jax and Kala. Kala gave him a worried glance, but Jax reassured her by nodding. Then, the battleground exploded into screams, yells, and battle cries. I fought two people without getting touched, but then felt a sharp pain in my arm. A man had threw a rock at it. I screamed in pain and forced water at him. He flew back and disappeared. My head was also bleeding from a girl scratching me.

I was fighting a group of people when suddenly, a lightning strike appeared out of nowhere and electrocuted all the people in the water. I looked up to see a girl. She didn't have black eyes, she had normal eyes. I guessed that she had only been using her powers for a little while like Kala. But she didn't look evil. I stared at her confused, an she flew away quickly. I shrugged my shoulders and kept fighting.

After the fight, we had a bunch of scratches. My head was bleeding, Kala had a big, bleeding scratch on her left arm that Jax was trying to fix and the rest of us just had little ones all over. "Well, now the Beast only had 2 lives. We're almost done with this!" I said cheerfully trying to lift spirits. I could here police sirens and people still screaming. The city was destroyed. I always hate doing this.

Unknown POV:

I hate Kala now. She's so stupid. I don't know how I loved her.

Well, all that will change soon. When I turn back to my normal self at the Beasts last life, I'll make sure she never comes back.

And it will be the end of them all.