Plans and a Festival

Everyone was looking at me as I explained what we could do. We only had at least three weeks and a half left. I was already getting antsy with this. "Since his hideout is in the middle of the enchanted forest, we are going to need someone to help us through it." Someone said.

I sighed. "Good point, but it's a good thing that Alder will be helping us right Alder?" I looked at the fearie boy. He blinked and looked at me.

"Yeah of course." He said. Alder seemed distant and I didn't know why.

"Obviously we are going to need disguises. The pirate King, doesn't know what you look like Kava, so we could sneak you and other men inside and we could destroy them at the right time." Derrick said.

I frowned. "What would be a good disguise?"

"Slave traders." I looked over at Josh. "Slave traders are a main source of money for the pirates, and they normally choose women. It's perfect."

"What about her safety?" Cole asked. "I mean think about it, if we send her then she would be considered their property. They could do anything to her."

I huffed. He just has to go all protective. "It's not a bad idea Cole. Plus I would have others with me." Some looked at me in confusion. "What you actually think I would this by myself? It's going to take more than one person on this. Also I'm going to need reinforcements close by."

"I can ask King Warren if he could send some guards along the ports. After all, pirates are going to need a port." Derrick suggested.

I nodded. "Derrick if you could do that, it would be amazing." I rubbed my face. "Then once I get into the pirates 'custody' I can act all innocent and hopefully get close enough to the Pirate King and bring him back here for his overdue appointment with the gallows." Everyone nodded and that was that. The plan was settled. Now we just had to put it in action.

~

"Want to come into town with me for the festival?" Cole asked, surprising me. He hadn't talked to me the whole time we were out together. We were currently laying down in the grass looking up at the clouds.

"You mean the Full Moon festival tonight?"

Cole rolled his eyes. "No I meant the festival that's happening right now." He said sarcastically.

"I might want to go, I'm not sure. I'm too stressed about the plan and the pirates." I rolled over and looked at Cole. "What if my brother is working with the pirates? I'm never going to be able to face him."

Cole took a stray hair that fell from my braid, and put it behind my ear. He stroked my cheek, "Kav, you'll be fine." I leaned into his hand and closed my eyes.

"I hope you're right." I opened my eyes and looked at him smiling softly. "And I would love to go to the festival with you."

~

I ran into my room and quickly pulled on a wool tunic that fell to my knees. I put on some wool leggings and tall boots. I decided to leave my hair down, which was unusual for me. I put on my belt and clipped it around my waist. I made sure I had a dagger and a pouch of coins attached. Cole said that he would meet me at the entrance to the market place and we would go on from there.