f o u r

the next time he saw her, she was painting the wall outside a dull gray building. wonwoo had gone to the convenience store to get a snack and was on his way back to the dorm when he spotted the blue-haired girl.

gaeul was using a can of red spray paint to make intricate patterns on the lifeless background.

he walked up to her, watching as she guided the brush to create the desired design. "they're really pretty," he said.

despite looking so transfixed in her task, she didn't seem the slightest bit startled that he was there. "thank you," she muttered. 

he just stood there as she continued painting.

a while later, she paused and took a step back to admire her work. "what do you think?" she asked him.

he studied the abstract shapes and figures before shrugging. he wasn't much of a fan of art but he thought it looked alright. maybe a little rushed, but it was alright. "you're talented at that," he said.

she smiled at him. for a second, it looked like she would go back to her work but she didn't. she held out the bottle of spray paint at him. "do you want to try?"

she had already handed him the bottle before he could get out a word.

"what should i do?" he asked, unsure. "do i just draw whatever?"

"whatever you want," she said with a nod.

he hesitated at first but then he started drawing. wonwoo turned to speak to the girl but just as he did she had run off. there was a shout from the other direction and wonwoo turned to see what it was.

an ahjussi came up to him and started yelling.

"what do you think you're doing?" he shouted furiously. "this is private property! clean that up or else i will call the police."

wonwoo was confused for a moment until it dawned on him.

this girl was definitely not like anyone he had encountered before.